Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Bad signs...

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by mountainexplorer, May 13, 2004.

1. mountainexplorer

mountainexplorer 1/2 ton status

Well, what I thought looked to be an extreme caffeine high doesn't seem to be looking like it anymore.

What I observed was extreme hyperness, inability to stay still, lots of talking, and small facial sores, and other very "excitable" characteristics. I passed it off as just caffeine, but another friend suggested another possibility.

Based on those characteristics I described, can anyone make a guess on what is going on? (my friend told me what he thinks already... I just want to see if others think the same).

2. Capman2k

Capman2k 3/4 ton status

Get some sleep...

Or you could go to a doctor and get the ever-popular add dx /forums/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif

Or you could just say you're an energetic young man...

3. mountainexplorer

No, its not me... I saw another person I know acting that way. I'm kinda bummed cause another friend of mine thinks it's drug related based on they way this person was acting.

4. Capman2k

Capman2k 3/4 ton status

Well if it's someone else... Could be anything... he could be a psychotic maniac killer trying to supress his evil thoughts... he could be on drugs... he could be faking it... he could have chronic hypothermia...

Whatever... If it really worries you I'd suggest to him to go to a doctor or something and then get over it /forums/images/graemlins/deal.gif

5. mountainexplorer

Well, the other person doesn't even know we noticed I think. It just seemed very out of the ordinary.

I'm the one more concerned... I'm not used to being around anyone who does drugs.

6. Pookster

Pookster 1/2 ton status

That could be anything, ranging from puberty, to girl troubles, to use of crystal meth, or even E.

The problem is, you cant just go blatently blaming someone, and worse yet, you have to make sure its above and beyond a reasonable level-

Its good that your asking, but the fact that your asking means your a little unsure (or dont want to admit it). Hard to say unless you know this person rather well. Sometimes a bum day will change a person.

7. MTBLAZER89

MTBLAZER89 3/4 ton status Premium Member GMOTM Winner

It could be the [spanish accent] hair piece [/spanish accent]...............sorry J/K I'm drunk and thats what my friend says all the time it's the hairpiece the hairpiece
    /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif

8. Greenblazer-AZ

Greenblazer-AZ 1/2 ton status

It sounds like you are talking about someone on crystal meth, BUT you shouldn't jump to conclusions. It's very possible that your friend has a medical condition or it could be side effects of legitimate medications.

BIG WARNING /forums/images/graemlins/yikes.gif /forums/images/graemlins/yikes.gif /forums/images/graemlins/yikes.gif /forums/images/graemlins/yikes.gif /forums/images/graemlins/yikes.gif /forums/images/graemlins/yikes.gif

If the person is a "Tweeker"(crystal meth user) watch out, those bumper stickers that say "Tweekers Suck" are not a joke. Tweekers really suck! They will steal from the mouths of their own children or yours or you. While I am sure that there are exceptions, I can tell you that I've had more bad experience with tweekers than I care to remember. Now I can tell right away if someone is on that crap, and I try my best to keep them at arms length. I only hope I don't get ripped off ever again by one of those scumbags. Some of them I thought were friends, but that stuff does bad things to good people.

9. mountainexplorer

I don't really want to say that this person is involved in any drugs, but meth is what another friend was thinking it might be. I just wanted to see if anyone else thought the same based on the description of behavior.

I'm not going to start going around saying this person is a meth user or anything, but I am more concerned than anything about the fact that they "could" be involved in something like that, so I can watch more and try to determine if something is going on, and maybe try to help down the line if the opportunity arises.

10. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

[ QUOTE ]
    Well, what I thought looked to be an extreme caffeine high doesn't seem to be looking like it anymore.

What I observed was extreme hyperness, inability to stay still, lots of talking, and small facial sores, and other very "excitable" characteristics. I passed it off as just caffeine, but another friend suggested another possibility.

Based on those characteristics I described, can anyone make a guess on what is going on? (my friend told me what he thinks already... I just want to see if others think the same).

[/ QUOTE ] Did someone spike your pop with some meth ???

11. BlazerGuy

BlazerGuy 3/4 ton status

IMO, if you and this person are truly friends you need to step in and act now. Waiting will only let the problem get bigger and therefore harder to take care of. If they aren't involved in anything at least the person will realize that everyone thinks they're a forkin tweeker and they'll shape up...

12. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

[ QUOTE ]
    Tweekers really suck! They will steal from the mouths of their own children or yours or you.

[/ QUOTE ] BULLSHIT!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I was a tweeker for 20 years and NEVER stold anything from anyone !!!!!!!!!! It's the person, not the drug. I've seen more potheads steal stuff then tweeker. /forums/images/graemlins/deal.gif

13. BlazerGuy

BlazerGuy 3/4 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    While I am sure that there are exceptions, I can tell you that I've had more bad experience with tweekers

[/ QUOTE ]

You skipped over this part... /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

14. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

[ QUOTE ]
    [ QUOTE ]
    While I am sure that there are exceptions, I can tell you that I've had more bad experience with tweekers

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ] That's strange consittering the paranoid feeling most tweeker get. My experence is most tweekers stay in the house and off the streets. I didn't like to go anywhere when I was tweeking. But then again, I would call myself a controled tweeker, I didn't tweek everyday, I made sure I sleept atleast 1 or 2 days a week, and I made sure too eat everyday. /forums/images/graemlins/deal.gif

15. chevyfumes

chevyfumes Court jester

How many tweekers does it take to clean a house????

One and a quarter!!!! /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

16. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

[ QUOTE ]
    How many tweekers does it take to clean a house????

One and a quarter!!!! /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

[/ QUOTE ] /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif

17. chevyfumes

chevyfumes Court jester

How do you tell what shopper in the grocery store at 2:30 A.M. is a tweeker????

He's the one with the shopping kart flipped over in isle 4 trying to fix the fawked up wheel..... /forums/images/graemlins/whistling.gif

18. dremu

dremu Officious Thread Derailer Premium Member

If you want more detail, I can ask a buddy of mine at work, who's celebrating his ... damn, must be ninth "birthday" this year. If it can be abused, Billy has abused it IN STYLE ... and kicked the habit to boot. Funny guy.

Anyway, I'd start here for resources. Note that you need not be the abuser/tweaker oneself to use such resources.

NB: Sadly, I discovered when I was younger that I'm violently allergic to alcohol, as in a coupla sips and I was pukin' whilst on the can, bucket at my feet. I've therefore not tried anything, umm, stronger, as I'm afraid my poor digestive tract would leap up and strangle me instantly if I tried /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif

Though I'm sure this is A Good Thing, I sure could have used a few drunken nights when I split up with my wife...

-- A

19. tRustyK5

tRustyK5 Big meanie Staff Member Super Moderator GMOTM Winner Author

[ QUOTE ]
    [ QUOTE ]
    [ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ] That's strange consittering the paranoid feeling most tweeker get. My experence is most tweekers stay in the house and off the streets. I didn't like to go anywhere when I was tweeking. But then again, I would call myself a controled tweeker, I didn't tweek everyday, I made sure I sleept atleast 1 or 2 days a week, and I made sure too eat everyday. /forums/images/graemlins/deal.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Paul, I'm sure you realize you are definitely the exception whe it comes to tweeking then. The majority of tweekers will resort to anything to get cash for more...and IIRC your habit was supported by selling right? Without that income what would you have done to support your habit at the time?

A neigbors 15 year old son recently started using that crap, and he went from about the nicest kid I know to someone i don't even recognize anymore in a matter of a few weeks. He has stolen everything not nailed or welded down...mostly from those close to him. Money, cars, jewelry, tools...plus he sold everything he owned, includng some very sentimental stuff he would otherwise never have considered selling.

Physically he is a complete wreck now...lost a bunch of weight he didn't have in the first place, big bags under his eyes, and has the attention span of a two year old now.

Scary stuff...

Rene

20. gjk5

gjk5 3/4 ton status

Yes indeed, Tweekers suck. Paul, you MUST be the exception to the rule, and I don't know what kind of potheads you hung out with, but they sure weren't the kind I've known, they were all too lazy to steal anything. /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

Yeah, it sounds like meth, and you should definitely talk to the guy, that sh*t can get out of control real quick.