Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Bad situation... possible upgrading?

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by TruckNutzDude, Sep 7, 2003.

1. TruckNutzDude

TruckNutzDude 1/2 ton status

At a show a few months ago I bought some 36x12.5-15 super swampers that had been grooved. I took the crappy 6-lug rims off and bought some 8-lug wagons for my new meats. Now a guy down the street from me has a friend of his claiming I stole his tires! The guy is taking me to court for either the tires and cost of his missing rims or $1,700 in cash! The only recipt I have is for the rims and he already went to the police station and said he ID'd my tires as his own. The civil services deputy came to my house today and summoned me to court (Deputy Brown you're a complete arse hole and I wish I could have punched you in the face! /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif) Anyways, I might as well think about new tires since these ones are halfway worn and I'll most likely lose them in court. I'm thinking of the new 38.5x15-15 boggers or any other 38" tall tire. The blazer is my daily driver, but it doesn't see a lot of miles. I wheel mostly in mud or in trails, but not many rocks. I have a 14 bolt w/ 4.88's and a detroit and a 10 bolt front that's open for now. What would you guys do? Money doesn't really matter that much, I'm charging anything I can't pay for with cash. Sorry for the long post... Thanks for any replies. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

2. ChevyCaGal

ChevyCaGal 3/4 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    At a show a few months ago I bought some 36x12.5-15 super swampers that had been grooved. I took the crappy 6-lug rims off and bought some 8-lug wagons for my new meats. Now a guy down the street from me has a friend of his claiming I stole his tires! The guy is taking me to court for either the tires and cost of his missing rims or $1,700 in cash! The only recipt I have is for the rims and he already went to the police station and said he ID'd my tires as his own. The civil services deputy came to my house today and summoned me to court (Deputy Brown you're a complete arse hole and I wish I could have punched you in the face! /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif) Anyways, I might as well think about new tires since these ones are halfway worn and I'll most likely lose them in court. I'm thinking of the new 38.5x15-15 boggers or any other 38" tall tire. The blazer is my daily driver, but it doesn't see a lot of miles. I wheel mostly in mud or in trails, but not many rocks. I have a 14 bolt w/ 4.88's and a detroit and a 10 bolt front that's open for now. What would you guys do? Money doesn't really matter that much, I'm charging anything I can't pay for with cash. Sorry for the long post... Thanks for any replies. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

So wait, he can come over and randomly ID stuff as his own, without any serial number on them, or he had his SSN engraved on them....? WTF? Does he have a picture of the tires on his truck with the rims? Or any pictures of the rims? Does he have any proof like reciepts they are his? Your neighbor sounds like a class A horses backend...

3. tomseviltwin

tomseviltwin 1/2 ton status

Go to court. Make him prove they are his.

4. dyeager535

dyeager535 1 ton status Premium Member

Yep, I'd ask for a police report that he filed out *when his were stolen*, which would have an EXACT description of the tires and wheels. If he can't provide that, then he could be making the whole thing up, regardless if he's in court or not. If he can't prove he owned *those exact tires and wheels*...

Even if he comes up with receipts he could still have sold them. Without a police report, I can't see him having a leg to stand on.

Now, you not having a receipt for the tires could be a problem as well. Did you get any info from the guy that sold them to you? Even if he did sell you stolen tires, at least you can go after him for your money back.

5. wrathORC

wrathORC 1/2 ton status

Well, he needs to prove the tires are his. All DOT approved tires have serial numbers and all places track tires. The few times I've boughten new tires in my life I've received a carbon sheet with the serial number of the tire on them.

Honestly, they have to prove beyond a reasonable doubt that they are his. If you don't let them push you around and you make a clean appearance as a respectable character you'll get to keep your rubber.

But I'd track down the guy you bought the rubber from.

6. TrcksR4ME

TrcksR4ME 1/2 ton status

Sounds fishy to me, I would also find out he was compinsated at all for the tire from insurance or anything. Maybe its a scam he's running with the guy you bought them from?? Hard to say, but he has to prove their his, which seems like it would be difficult.

7. TruckNutzDude

I was aquainted w/ the guy that is taking me to court. He said he only paid $200 for the tires and rims and I saw how he had cut his tread (w/ a razor blade). My tires were grooved w/ a professional tool and there's no evidence of razor blade cuts that I can see. He claims to have a recipt, but I doubt it will have serial numbers on it. The deputy that came to my house was flat out acusing me of stealing my tires and he claimed to see razor blade cuts in the tires /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif I have a feeling he's a friend of the jerkoff taking me to court and I'm about to be fawked out of a good set of shoes! I'm having my friend write up a statement saying that he saw me purchasing the tires a few months ago (which he did) I'll have it notarized and make copies. I'm also bringing a list of prices for the tires new and a new set of rims... 36's on steel wagons doesn't cost $1,700!!! Hopefully the judge will be a lot different from Deputy Brown and actually listen to my side instead of telling me what he believes I did. I'm just pissed that my friend/neighbor actually brought someone to my house and started this entire ordeal. Not to mention the fact that they now drive by my house at least once a day, which made me decide I needed an alarm for my Blazer. I need a garage to hide my junk in. When I had my quad stolen the cops just said oh well, it happens... but when the finger gets pointed at me I have to go to court... /forums/images/graemlins/mad.gif /forums/images/graemlins/mad.gif /forums/images/graemlins/mad.gif

8. SUBFAN

SUBFAN 1/2 ton status

The razor blade thing, take good pics to prove this point, take copies of the DOT no's from the tires, and anything else that could be used to refute his claim to them....

did you post pics here when you got them? You might be able to use that post as a time line that could refute his claim to them also....

Ask around, someone probably knows who you bought them from, and get him a notice to appear....If the other guy did steal them, then you are off the hook, but without tires and $$$$ also....

9. Jeremy_C

Jeremy_C 1/2 ton status

Not tellin ya what to do or anything, but if the judge is makes ya give up the tires. I'd make those razer blade marks Easier to find.

10. TruckNutzDude

[ QUOTE ]
    Not tellin ya what to do or anything, but if the judge is makes ya give up the tires. I'd make those razer blade marks Easier to find.

[/ QUOTE ]
    they'll be easy to find when he's trying to re-mount the tires and they don't hold air. he's not getting my rims, I have recipts! /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif I think I may even see how well my truck smokes the tires if I lose them in court. I've always wanted to try that bleach thing /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif