Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

BAD TO RUN 38&39" TIRES??

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by BLUESMAN, Nov 23, 2002.

1. BLUESMAN

BLUESMAN 1/2 ton status

Phoenix(but it\'s a dry heat...like an oven!)AZ.
    BAD TO RUN 38&39\" TIRES??

I'm getting a set of 39.5" Swampers,mounting on 15x8" rims.I want to run a lighter front combo,12.50/38x15 TSL's.The Interco site list the 39's at 39.4" O.D. and the 38's at 37.8" O.D..Too much???The reason I want a lighter tire/wheel combo is because I'm still running a 3/4 ton corp 10 bolt.Right now I have 16/38x16.5 Dick Cepek Fun Country's on 16.5x9.75 rims,with no breakage(YET!!).Anyone know the weight of these 39" TSL's??The F.C.'s weigh in at 85#.I'm thinking the TSL's will weigh less than the radial tire and I'm using an 8" wide rim(instead of the 9.75").Thanks for any info!Mike

2. zakk

zakk 1/2 ton status

Re: BAD TO RUN 38&39\" TIRES??

i think with a steel wheel, mine where about 100# shipped, IIRC.

was quite some time ago...

3. PetaKane

PetaKane 1/2 ton status

Re: BAD TO RUN 38&39\" TIRES??

I'll be honest with you man, you won't wanna put your truck in 4WD unless you are in thick mud, since your tires will be spinning like crazy anyway. I know exactly what you mean wanting to run a lighter combo up front, I've done everything I can to do that. I think you should be alright with the difference as long as you don't put it in 4 when you are on pavement.