Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Bad transaction with a CK5 member - 84CUCV

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by noahrob, Jun 23, 2006.

1. noahrob

noahrob 1/2 ton status Author

Be careful if you do business with this guy!!

User = 84CUCV

Mike Braun

Mike posted an add on ColoraK5 saying he was selling his large collection of R/C cars. I was planning to get a truck anyway so decided it would be better to spend my money with a fellow K5er than a random shop. Mike gave me a choice of a lot of really nice trucks and I selected a King Blackfoot. I explained that I wanted a full setup including batteries, a remote control, and a charger. We agreed on a price and made a deal. He didn’t want paypal so as per his request I sent a money order for $220. A few days later Mike contacted me and wrote

“Hey bud, have a question for you. Would you be pissed if i let you have a differnt truck. For whatever reason my little cosin wants the truck. I still have a ton of r/c to sell. pick anything you want and we will go from there. I am really sorry for this flat out i feel like a dick, i should have asked him. plmk what you want to do. Once again i am sorry. hope we can work it out.

mike”

I agreed since the guy had been pretty cool to date. He sent me a bunch of pictures and told me to pick a new truck, which I did. Then as soon as I told him which one I wanted he said he sent me that picture by mistake and that I couldn’t have that one. At this point, I was getting a little annoyed, so I asked him to send back my money and we would just forget the whole deal since it wasn’t working, he changed the deal after he had my cash….this is when he told me he could not send back my money because he already spent it!

After several e-mails back and forth, I foolishly agreed to take a different truck. The truck arrived, missing a bunch of stuff and in generally poor condition. I e-mailed Mike who said he sent everything, then after arguing on the phone he finally admitted he didn’t send everything. Although Mike was very apologetic and said he would make it right, I finally said, I have had it and asked him to return my money. I told him I would return his stuff as soon as I got the money. I explained that I was not concerned that he had spent my money on his truck and suggested he sell whatever he bought or borrow the money. Mike agreed to send me my money and have it in my hands by today. I just checked my mail and do not have my money. I am beyond angry and would strongly encourage everybody on this site to be awre of this experience. I have bought a fair amount of stuff on this site and have had nothing but smooth transactions…this however is ridiculous!

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 23, 2006
  2. sled_dog

sled_dog 1 ton status

I've dealt with Mike before and met him in person. Was good to deal with then. That is all I have to add to this.

3. noahrob

Fair enough, I am not commenting on anything except this experience, which is kind of sucky.

4. Cricket

Cricket 3/4 ton status

He should have either sent the money back or sent the correct truck.

5. tRustyK5

tRustyK5 Big meanie Staff Member Super Moderator GMOTM Winner Author

I'm rather surprised. I haven't ever done a deal with mike, but he has been active here for a long time...and seemed like a stand up guy. I agree that either the correct truck should have been sent or the money cheerfully and promptly refunded.

Rene

6. Desert Rat

Desert Rat Fetch the comfy chair

I've found that there are a lot of really nice guys but not everyone has good business sense. Usually it is best not to mix friendship with business dealings unless you have a very solid relationship to start out with.

7. 78Suburban

78Suburban 1/2 ton status

bring it to pirate.

8. Can Can

Can Can Pusher Man Staff Member Super Moderator

Well then, I guess I'll edit your thread title to more accurately describe the situation. And I'm not taking sides quite yet, but you seem to forget that there is a middle man involved- the United States Postal Service.......:deal:

9. Loose Nut

Loose Nut Banned

id also remove his address from the post, thats not cool.

Also, if this goes to pirate, thats even more uncool its uncalled for and he doesnt need that kind of attention, you know where he lives, you know his number, resolve this like men.

Personaly if this goes to pirate, you need to have your membership revoked and perma banned for being an idiot.

im in no way defending him, but your not helping it out any by talking about pirate.

10. Can Can

Already done.

Just an FYI, lads. If you wanna out someone, go right ahead. Just don't cross the line. Revealing personal information in public is dirty pool, and ranks right up there with ripping people off.............:thinking:

11. 78Suburban

78Suburban 1/2 ton status

just speculating, if anyone ever does indeed have a bad transaction on ck5, is there any accountabliity? Just a thought, I'm not saying its happened to me, but isn't it possible that there can be a bad transaction on ck5? I think there should be something to fall back onto to guard against this, maybe not as brutal as Pirate, but some kind of accountablility would be kinda nice IMO.

12. Can Can

We have a system in place, and have for a very long time-

You fock with one of us, you fock with us all.

Here's hoping this get resolved properly. Otherwise, Mike will probably regret the decision he made on this transaction.:deal:

13. noahrob

You know what, if the moderator didn't remove the address I would have, you are correct, that wasn't fair. As for pirate, I am not sure I even understand what the point is. Also, I edited the text as soon as I posted it to read more accurately, but failed to get the title, so thank you. I would rather settle this directly, and the only reason I posted anything is two fold. First, in case anybody else had any interactions, I thought it would help them be more savy than I was, and secondly, to be honest, I don't really have any other recourse except to hope that the influence of our peers is enough to rectify the situation.

One point of clarification about the Post Office is that 1/2 the items were delivered, and when presssed Mike admitted he never sent the other 1/2.

14. Can Can

Fair enough, brother. I just thought I should make a few things clear just in case.

I sure hope this all works out. $220 is a lot of money. I can't even imagine how many peepee slaps that would be worth........:rotfl:

15. Citizen Rider

Citizen Rider 1/2 ton status

Not takin sides or anything, but it is also possible USPS has no delivered the money yet. I know for even the simplest things they can take a little bit to deliver. But i hope everything gets resolved and the brotherhood mob dont kick in.

16. camiswelding

camiswelding 1/2 ton status

hey mike... do the right thing... if the story is true,,,

I was easy on you when we had dealings,, and it cost me plenty... remember?. I jumped when you said so and then you left me high and dry...
    Youve been around here for awhile and we have long memories.. we have to treat each other right.. thats the bottom line

17. beater_k20

beater_k20 Banned

:cracks knuckles:

glad i didnt get in on any of that R/C deal. good luck with getting it resolved man. if everything you say is 100% accurate, we got your back brother. :waytogo:

18. darkshadow

darkshadow 1 ton status

one questiong, did you pm him before making this post?

You made a deal and it went for a crap shoot, he agread to pay you back, but stuff takes a long time, I think it is dirty to post up a resolved issue, untill you know he dident send the money.

leave him bad feedback thru i trader (where this belongs)

Did you know if you want to file a clame thru the post office ( at least in canada) the package/letter must be 3 MONTHS late, befor they will prosess the clame, to make sure it is not lost in the system.

I have hurd storys about people bidding on ebay not receaving the item freaking out on they seller, only to get the origonal package after the replacement was sent.

it sucks but be patiant and the brotherhood, me included, will back you up

19. Desert Rat

Desert Rat Fetch the comfy chair

Tease

20. BizeeB65

BizeeB65 1/2 ton status

I hope good is made on this... I have browsed thru that R/C truck selection as well, but I would be iffy now with this happening. Dont post something for sale if you dont plan on actually selling it.