Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

BAD VIBE

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by screamer*145, Feb 9, 2004.

1. screamer*145

screamer*145 1/2 ton status

Ok maby you guy and gals can help, so heres the problem drivin home from work and everything is fine then all of a sudden I get this realy bad viberation got home made sure the motor was not doing it it was fine so my next thought was a u-joint blew but it could'nt be because the fornt end was disingaged so it was not spining there fore could not cause a vibe, do you think that i tire weight could have pop't off because it starts when i get above 30 mph.
    /forums/images/graemlins/dunno.gif /forums/images/graemlins/dunno.gif /forums/images/graemlins/1zhelp.gif /forums/images/graemlins/dunno.gif /forums/images/graemlins/dunno.gif

so let me know what you think because I would like to know what to look for and what to do first so please help?
    /forums/images/graemlins/1zhelp.gif /forums/images/graemlins/1zhelp.gif /forums/images/graemlins/1zhelp.gif /forums/images/graemlins/1zhelp.gif /forums/images/graemlins/1zhelp.gif /forums/images/graemlins/1zhelp.gif /forums/images/graemlins/1zhelp.gif /forums/images/graemlins/1zhelp.gif

2. 4by4bygod

4by4bygod 1/2 ton status

Hello!

It could be a wheel having gone out of balance, but I would check the rear shaft u joints too. Also, jack up the front end and tug on the wheels. I once moved my front wheel back and forth a few inches, turned out to be a wheel bearing that had gotten screwed up.
    Tom /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif

3. 4xcrazy

4xcrazy 3/4 ton status

Hope the rear diff isn't losing a pinion bearing, or maybe a tire seperating?

4. 4by4bygod

4by4bygod 1/2 ton status

Looking at the pinion is a good idea.. on my 87, I finally cured a vibration I had by just getting a new pinion yoke put on. I would have done the bearing next, if the yoke itself wasn't the problem. Turns out, the yoke was worn so bad on one side that the u joints bearing cup wouldn't seat right, thus killing the joint prematurely.

Tom /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif