Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

bad vibes and my driveshafts

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by pilgrim, Nov 27, 2002.

1. pilgrim

pilgrim 1/2 ton status

stupid ? ,but how do you measure driveshaft angles? my rear shaft seems to be the source of the vibes, which are hardly noticable around town. but on the highway its a constent roar, so much so that 55 is as fast as i can drive,or i think i might break something. i'am not on the highway much but its /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif not being able to drive my baby.

i've read that on a shaft without a cv joint, that both u-joints must be at the same but opposing angles. is this true? i lowered my t case almost 2" and that helped greatly. the rear axle is shimed so that its almost pointing at the t-case. so to fix this, should i remove the shim till its pointing down /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif at the same angle as the case /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif or should i just by a shaft that has a cv joint and be done with it.. the rear shaft is like 60" long and i've only got 6" of lift, not extreme by any means.

2. Skigirl

Skigirl 1/2 ton status