Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Bad Vibes? Help

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by PsychoticDeadGuy, Aug 20, 2005.

1. PsychoticDeadGuy

PsychoticDeadGuy 1/2 ton status

i just finished up my rear end completely now, or so i thought...i have some pretty bad vibes that go through the entire truck and i am not sure if it is the driveshaft or the rear tires? the vibes go all the way up through the steering wheel...it is only between 15-30 mph. what gives?

2. PsychoticDeadGuy

can anyone help out? how do you tell the difference between driveline or bad tire vibes?

3. Leper

Leper 1/2 ton status

What all was done to the rearend? Did you change tires? Did it have the vibration before you did the rearend? If you put the truck in neutral while it's moving does the vibration go away/get less?

4. PsychoticDeadGuy

i just swapped in a 14bff. it has stock springs and ord's zero rates and shackle flip. it is the stock driveshaft with the conversion u-joint in it. the tires were found off the road. they have weights on them but not too sure how accurate they are. i mostly want to know how to tell the difference between tire and driveline vibes...

5. big jimmy 91

big jimmy 91 1/2 ton status

Change tire press. :dunno:
    Try a different set of tires from another rig to see if it changes anything :thinking:

6. PsychoticDeadGuy

i would but i am the only person that i know that has a 1 ton anything...everyone else i know that goes wheelin are throttle sissies in their 1/2 tons or a few toyotas that have those BUILT 8.8" axles. no 8 lugs any where over here. i am the only one...it sucks but as soon as i get a Dana 60 i will slap on my 39.5 iroks and show up everyone! hahaha