Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Bad Vibrations!!

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by jerseyk5, Feb 24, 2001.

1. jerseyk5

jerseyk5 Registered Member

I just got done road testing my blazer. I did a 10blt to 14blt swap and took out the blocks and installed 6 in rear lift springs. When I take off I get a vibration, but not a driveline (driveshaft) vibration. I've done lifts in the past without getting an alignment afterwards and never had this unfortunate vibe, kinda feels like a tire vibe but I didn't have it before.I was wondering if anybody has ever had this before and do you guys always get an alignment after you lift a vehicle?

2. muddin4fun

muddin4fun 3/4 ton status

Did you make sure everything is tight? Don't overlook the obvious such as all the lugs on tight and such. Sometimes it's something really stupid.

[​IMG] Keep your feet dry [​IMG]
    <A target="_blank" HREF=http://muddin4fun.coloradok5.com>http://muddin4fun.coloradok5.com</A>

3. CaptCrunch

CaptCrunch 1/2 ton status

I'll take it that it isn't drivetrain... but where is coming form? Is it felt through the floor...seat... steering wheel? Did you check to make sure evrything was good in the 14?

1987 Chevy K5 Blazer- 350 TBI

4. jerseyk5

Sorry, my bad. I just lowered the transfercase down a bit and alot of the vibration went away. I think I'll try that CV joint mod and try to get rid of the rest. Thanx!!

5. Chris Demartini

Chris Demartini 1/2 ton status

<font color=blue>Since the 14 bolts came in pickups which had longer wheelbases, the stock pinion angle is different. When I put the 14 bolt in my Blazer I had to use degree shims under the springs. Try this, it took away most of my vibes.</font color=blue>

[​IMG]

6. jerseyk5

Yea, I installed 6 degree shims when I put the rear in. I only had 2 shims for each side to bring down the transfer case. I got another set of shims for a total of 4 per side (1 1/4) drop and most of the vibration is gone. I just read the post about installing the cadilac cv joint in the rear. Think I'll try that one next.