Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

bad vibrations

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by achuskies69, Mar 11, 2001.

1. achuskies69

achuskies69 1/2 ton status

<font color=green> I just got done installing my 4" Rough Country lift, and i noticed alot of vibration when at speeds from 10-20 mph and then they would become barely noticeable. Also, when slowing down there is a lot of vibes. There are blocks in the back so and they are angled to compensate for the driveline angle
    what should i do? Drop the transfer case? Try and rotate the rear axle upward some more?
    thanks in advance

<font color=green> I love cowboy hats
    [​IMG]

2. thatK30guy

thatK30guy 1 ton status Premium Member

Sounds like a driveshaft problem. Is it long enough? You could try dropping the t-case by using the spacers that are bolted with the crossmember and bolts. Just take those out and install them between the frame and crossmember. If that fails, think about investing in a new, longer drive shaft.

3. kenbrown

kenbrown Registered Member

i agree. sounds like you need to drop the tranfer case. same thing happened to me, droped the case and all is well. i also had a custom drive line made with the cv joint that was the best thing i ever did. talk about smoothing it out!

ken with the "blue ox"

4. RLBstein

RLBstein 1/2 ton status

Had the same problem with mine last week. If you didn't mark your driveshaft before you disconnected it you might have put it on 180 degrees out. Just take the driveshaft off again and rotate it 180 degrees and slip it back in. Worked for mine, I had vibration at 35mph, on heavy acceleration, and at deceleration, and this cured it.

85 Blazer on an 82 chassis, 6.2L Diesel, ORD flip, 35's with no cutting on a 4" lift.

5. K10

K10 Registered Member

Instead of dropping your transfer case you can add shims to your rear spring packs. You need to have the same angle on both the rear pinion yoke and the tranfer case yoke. The shims are cheap (about $15) and you don't lose any ground clearance.

[​IMG]
    <A target="_blank" HREF=http://nick.rockcrawler.com>http://nick.rockcrawler.com</A>

6. prjt_blzr

prjt_blzr 1/2 ton status

Be careful with shims that are not bolted into the leaf pack. They spit out and cause your U bolts to loosen. This wreaks all kinds of havoc on the drivetrain.

7. achuskies69

achuskies69 1/2 ton status

<font color=green> I dropped the T Case and retightened everything, and it drives just like when i got it!!! Now just got to get the front end aligned and my steering back to normal.......
    oh yeah got to break out the camera and get pics of my sweet deal. dunno when ill get em developed, but ill let everyone know...
    thanks for all the help guys

<font color=green> I love cowboy hats
    [​IMG]