Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Bad Vibrations

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by Udy, Apr 4, 2000.

1. Udy

Udy Registered Member

I put a 6 inch skyjacker lift in my 91 Blazer. I have a bad driveline vibration. I currently have 3.08 gears (temporary) and 35s. The vibration was worse when I had small tires (195/60) for winter storage. Its definitelly a driveline vib. it goes away when I lift of the gas. I noticed some slop in the transfer case slip joint. Its got new u-joints on the balanced driveshaft. Any suggestions? New tailshaft? Anyone replace there slip joint with an eliminator kit? HELP!

2. SnoMan

SnoMan Registered Member

One day I started feelin a vibration myself goin down the road, when i accelerated it got real bad then there was a big bang. It turns out my rear u-joint took a sh*t then the drive shaft flung around whacked of my ghetto exhaust, got hung up on the frame and bached up my 208 and cracked it in half. When I say in half, I mean in half. Sorry I got disgruntled reading your post and had to share. 3rd battalion