Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Bad Weekend But A Good Day....

Discussion in '1982-Present GM Diesel' started by Dirty Dave, May 16, 2002.

1. Dirty Dave

Dirty Dave 1/2 ton status

I went ahead and ran a single 3 inch pipe to the back axle then 3.5 out the back to compensate for the bends. Sat. night with a couple of buddies I hit the trail. Broke a axle in the rear.

Damn I say.

Today at work I was trying to serve a warrant on a fellow and went to his neighbors house to ask about him. Lo and behold what did I see in the fence row covered in weeds?
    A 79 3/4 ton looking at me! Wanna sale that truck? You actually want to buy that thing? Yep.It dont have a title so $200.00 sound fair? I'll be right back. I came back with the money and a wrecker to get the truck. Old dude I was looking for was coiming out of his house and got him too!

200 bucks got me a 14 bolt SFF w/posi a dana 44, SM465, NP205, sit down......a 454 and I just dorve it around my back yard!!!!!!!!! (after a little work)

I'll have the axles in the CUCV this weekend. The 205 goes in as soon as it gets rebuilt. Im actually gonna put the springs packs from the 3/4 in the blazer also.

Everything measured out so should I expect any problems?

2. calcide

calcide 1/2 ton status

There are 3/4 ton springs under the front of my Blazer, gave it about 3.5" of lift with the dana 44. The PO did it, so I don't really have any specifics.