Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

bad wekend

Discussion in 'Pacific Region' started by 4xrick, Mar 16, 2004.

1. 4xrick

4xrick 1/2 ton status

what a weekend ok i know this isnt a 4 wheel thing but I talk to everyone in here not in the lounge. so i bought a tbi engine from a "friend" of my girlfriends after spending all day on saturday and most of the day on sunday I get the motor all in and ready to fire and trying to turn it over it freezez up so we take out the plugs and kick it over and out of one cylinder comes a ton of oil and out of another comes water and another both so we pull the distributor and see it covered in crap so we decide to pull off the intake and it is caked in muck about 3/4 inch thick so I was so pissed off i beat the sh!t out of an old block sitting on the ground with a sledge hammer and then pulled it all back out in like an hour and a half. ok enough out of me i have done my ranting [​IMG]

2. 55Willy

55Willy 3/4 ton status

HOLY [darn] !
    almost looks like pennzoil.

3. mudhog

mudhog THEGAME Staff Member Super Moderator

Re: bad weekend

[ QUOTE ]
    HOLY [darn] !

[/ QUOTE ]
    i bet it is /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif thats exactly why i will NEVER and i do mean EVER run that crap /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif id rather run my motor out of oil than put that crap in /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif sorry to see you got a bum deal i wouldn't have beat a old block though i woulda beat the guy who sold it to you /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif

4. big pappa b

big pappa b 3/4 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    HOLY [darn] !

[/ QUOTE ]

As soon as Isaw that pic I thought the exact same thing before I even saw your post. They ought to be shot for still making that crap

5. POWERMAD

POWERMAD 1/2 ton status

That sux big time, hopefuly you can get your money back.
    I looks like you took it apart in the middle of a dirt storm. /forums/images/graemlins/yikes.gif
    That is one nasty lookin plant.
    Another victim of too many oil changes, definately takes the Holy sh!t award.
    The engine that I just dropped in had 4500 miles on it and the guy ran Penzoil in it. That crap makes a mess fast.
    I had to soak the lifters in carb cleaner to get them out.
    It took me 2 hrs to get them all out, had to keep working them up and down. I had to drive 2 of them through the bottom with a punch and hammer.
    At least I can salvage mine.

6. kennyw

kennyw N9PHW Premium Member

/forums/images/graemlins/yikes.gif I have heard stories about that but had not seen it before.

On the other motor you are getting from hipinion I would recommend you pull the heads and intake. The manifold was open riding in the back of the truck coming up and I am afraid something might have fallen into the intake. Especially when I started loading other items over and around it. Would not hurt to take the time to put some new gaskets in it anyway.

7. 4xrick

4xrick 1/2 ton status

i defenatly thought about beating the guy who sold me the motor but the old block is already cracked and it was closer.can anyone "CASTROL" ya i am planing on pulling the heads on the motor I am getting from kenny and replacing all the gaskets in the top end some time this week or weekend hope it dosent turn out the same.

8. fatboy

fatboy 1/2 ton status

Damn bro /forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif if it werent for bad luck youd have none. /forums/images/graemlins/doah.gifHope you get your money back or get some anyway if you were wanting to keep the tbi. I defenatly wounldnt let that go /forums/images/graemlins/doah.gif

9. jakeslim

jakeslim 1/2 ton status

looks like a damn fossil. What a piece of crap that "friend" sold you. Looks like they pulled it out of a river and then sold it. Geez, get your money back on that one....what did it cost anyways?

10. ntaj*ep

ntaj*ep 1/2 ton status

/forums/images/graemlins/yikes.gif /forums/images/graemlins/yikes.gif

11. 4xrick

4xrick 1/2 ton status

it cost me a hunvdred bucks so not the end of the world but i am working on getting my money back but the guy is being a ass about it so we will see if it results in me kicking his a$$ /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif

12. ntaj*ep

ntaj*ep 1/2 ton status

If it does come to that we can video it and put it up on bumfights.com

13. 4xrick

4xrick 1/2 ton status

ha ha im no bum thats you... at least a lazy bum /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif well i just got done tearing the top end off the motor I got from jacob and it is nice and clean woo hoo so I am going to try to replace the gaskets and get it all back together before this weekend so I can drop it in thanks for everyones help who got me this thing. and ya that includes you aaron. lol

14. hi pinion

hi pinion 3/4 ton status

well rick,its been one hell of a ride,but it is done.Use the motor in good faith,and when you hit the gas on the(350) lol /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gifthink of me /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gifI hope my motor brings you better luck than the peice of garbage up top,I hope it is the"turn key" deal you wanted in the end like i said it was.The only thing that i care about is that you are HAPPY with it man,and the same goes with all my customers as well.It was very cool dealing with you,and ive never seen anyone go,and go and go,like that on vehicles.I wish ya werent so far,you would make for a good freind.......sincerly,Jake /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif.......Ps i need a damn lift kit /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif