Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Bad wheeling experience

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by 80K5, Aug 15, 2001.

1. 80K5

80K5 1/2 ton status

A couple nights ago I whent out wheeling with a guy and his sami. Everything was going good at first then for some reason my batery strap broke and the battery hoped off its little mount and laded upside down on my wheel whell and burned to holes through. We finally managed to get it off without the thing exploding in our faces and made up a new strap out of some junk we had then we continued on. Then on the way back down my lights stopped working on the way down and my truck kept stalling and its a really steep incline down hill so with power brakes and steering it was very hard to control. Then because my lights were screwed i didn't see this huge rock and got my diff stuck on it and had to have this little wimpy sammy try and pull me off. We finally got out tho. The last bad thing that happend was near the end of the trail I got a flat and the damn thing can't be fixed because the whole is so big. Oh yeah now my truck leaks oil and it never did before.

Stuck? Isn't that a bird!
    Steve

2. tRustyK5

tRustyK5 Big meanie Staff Member Super Moderator GMOTM Winner Author

Hey Steve, where'd you go wheeling? And why didn't I get an invite?[​IMG][​IMG]

Been there Done that on the battery thing...mine landed on my alternator at Clear Creek (when it was still a harsh trail)

Rene

<font color=green>Dyslexics of the world...UNTIE!</font color=green>

3. 80K5

80K5 1/2 ton status

Some place in Coquitlam. Its a trail at the top of westwood plato. Very rocky.
    I was mostly testing my truck out to see what it could do. Next time we should all go wheeling some place for sure.
    It'll be great!

Steve

4. 80K5

80K5 1/2 ton status

Actually I should be fixing my truck up right now but my dad locked his toolbox for somereason so I have know tools.

and if you see any 33's for sale around could you let me know
    thanks!

Steve

5. tRustyK5

tRustyK5 Big meanie Staff Member Super Moderator GMOTM Winner Author

That would be Eagle ridge. Its a cool place to go and the view at the top is very worth it. Let me know the next time you wanna go play1

drjv@home.com

Rene

<font color=green>Dyslexics of the world...UNTIE!</font color=green>

6. 80K5

80K5 1/2 ton status

I actually should be working on my truck right now but my dad locked his toolbox for some reason.

And if you see or know anyone that has some cheep 33's for sale could you let me know?
    Thanks!

Steve