Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Baddest truck ever???

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by prairiegoat, Apr 7, 2007.

1. prairiegoat

prairiegoat Registered Member

Ok guys, so I've been lurking around for quite awhile and want to share my idea for the baddest truck ever, and would appreciate some expert advice. I've got a 78 Suburban with a blown motor and a good body, and an older 4x4 S-10 pickup for parts. Here's the plan:

Engine: Swap the 2.8 liter V-6 into the Sub. I know this might seem a little underpowered, but the plan is to soup up the engine. Got a carb spacer, K&N air filter, and a sport tuner muffler and exhaust tip for that "throaty rumble" everybody loves. I'm looking to get approx. 450 horsepower out of this combo.

Trans: Gonna keep the SM-465 cuz I want a stick. My question is, do you think this transmission will hold up to the massive torque this engine will produce? Also, adapting the engine might be a pain, but I'm a pretty good carpenter, so I think I'm gonna make adaptors for the trans and t-case out of treated oak. Seems like it should hold up pretty good

T-case: Swap in a Suzuki Samurai transfer case, as the NP-205 is just too heavy and bulky for this application. I plan on putting some 4:1 low range gears for maximum crawling ability.

Axles: Swap in the S-10 axles cuz of the weight savings.
    Light = might, right? The 14 bolt/Dana 44 combo is just overkill, plus, I'll only be running 33" tires, so I should be fine. The 2.73 gears should offer some great highway speeds, and I'm figuring on at least 30 mpg with this combo. Open diffs, cuz lockers are for guys who don't know how to drive!

Suspension: I need at least 12" of lift. I'm gonna build a sub-frame assembly for the IFS, and go all spring in the back for maximum articulation. I'm going this high cuz I want to keep the tires off that beautiful body. I've got a bunch of re-bar lieing around to build the steering out of, and to save some money I plan on some massive brake line drop brackets, as well as a similar set up for the shocks so I can re-use the old ones. Do you think I'll need new driveshafts? Also, gotta have a 3" body lift just to be safe.

Tires & Wheels: All-terrain 33" tires, cuz with this amount of power, any more aggressive of a tread pattern and I would instantly dig to China as soon as I got on the throttle off road. All this on the most bling 22" faux-beadlock rims I can find.

Accessories: This is the icing on the cake. Gonna get a set of sweet chrome step bars, and some neon lights that flash on and off with my music so everybody can know what I'm bumpin'. In the back there will be a giant heart-shaped bed covered in purple velvet so I have somewhere to go with all the hotties I plan on pickin' up with this beast... And best of all, a snow leopard paint job!

I'm building this truck as a dual-purpose rig. Something that is as at home in a rock-crawling competition as it will be pulling my 30 foot horsetrailer loaded down with 10,000 lbs. of cattle.

I know what you all are thinking. Wow that sounds awesome. I wish my truck was as cool as this noobs. Well it's allright, cuz when you see me rolling around your neighborhood, pickin' up chicks, or blasting through the mud pit you just got stuck in, or even making it over that trail where you just blew 2 35 spline Dana 60 stub shafts, all the while blaring "2 legit 2 Quit" though my massive system, I won't look down on ya if ya come and ask me for advice on how your truck can be more like mine. I'm really a pretty nice guy.:D

2. prairiegoat

wow am i full of poo or what?

3. stoney126

stoney126 1/2 ton status

yes:D

4. Confedneck79K30

Confedneck79K30 3/4 ton status

wow can i have the 24 seconds of my life back i spent scanning that crap?

5. boz42

boz42 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

no doubt

6. broc944

broc944 1/2 ton status

33" tires with only 12" of lift, not sure but you might need more lift to clear those monster tires.

7. 1BadK-30

1BadK-30 1/2 ton status

You must be joking :haha:

8. big94gmc

big94gmc 1/2 ton status

This has GOT to be a joke....it has to be. 450hp out of a 2.8 liter with a TBI spacer and fart can exhaust??? MUAHAHAHAHA!!! I love it.

(Of course, it would be hilarious if this dude is absolutely serious, and just pretends to play it off like a joke.....:haha:)

9. CDA 455

CDA 455 3/4 ton status

:haha: :haha: :haha:

10. jwainb1977

jwainb1977 Newbie

OMFG! Thats was funny!

11. TruckNutzDude

TruckNutzDude 1/2 ton status

That

Was

Awesome!

:thumb:

:bow: :bow:

:haha::haha::haha:

12. thatK30guy

thatK30guy 1 ton status Premium Member

I must be retarded or stupid to you for reading that.

13. 87BrnRsd

87BrnRsd 1/2 ton status

Its definitely a joke. Pretty funny though.
    -Harrison

14. FOR MUD

FOR MUD 1/2 ton status Premium Member GMOTM Winner

I'm waiting for the Pict's!:D

15. ARAMP1

ARAMP1 Aviator Extraordinaire

Might as well jump onboard with the ball busting :D ...

We are all dumber for having listened to you. You are awarded no points, and may god have mercy on your soul.

Seriously though, if you're serious, you might want to consider getting stronger parts than what the suzuki has to offer.

16. prairiegoat

Yeah I know, it's pretty retarded, and the fact I actually wasted minutes of my life writing it is pretty silly. In my defense I must say that a friend and I were bitching about how silly some people are building thier crap nowadays. Big stupid rims with no sidewall, stuff like that. It's kinda like the 80's style flash paintjobs are making a comeback. So we figured out what the most absolutely ridiculous thing we could build and went with that. Oh yeah, and I'm not serious!!!!:D

17. 87BrnRsd

87BrnRsd 1/2 ton status

See....told yall so.:wink1:
    -Harrison

18. Disturban

Disturban 1/2 ton status

that was great..."Baddest POST ever"!!!! for sure!
    pssshhhh...treated oak my a*@!

19. 75-K5

75-K5 3/4 ton status

You should have posted this last week (on April 1)!

20. MTChevy

MTChevy 3/4 ton status Premium Member

where at in MT are ya?