Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

BADLAND PICTURES- From last Sat.

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by gzzgfw, Nov 18, 2005.

1. gzzgfw

gzzgfw 1/2 ton status

Here are few pictures from the Badlands in Indiana.

I hooked up with Redline Offroad Club (ROC). They were mostly jeep wranglers, nevertheless a great day of wheelin with some fine people.

Here is the lineup after most of the trails were done. The Purple Princess looks huge against these jeeps but it was in the front as the line angled back.
    [​IMG]

Most of trails at the badlands are woody type trails. The badlands was an old stone quarry/mining area of some time ago. We we able to run the trails around the quarry with little trouble.
    [​IMG]

The trails drop down into one of a few creeks or streams which is more scenic than hardcore. It's a great place to bring the wife and family to introduce them to fourwheeling.
    [​IMG]

There are many ups and downs at the badlands due to the type of mining they did for stone. There are also lots of off cambers too.
    [​IMG]

The trails this time of the year are enjoyable, not hot, usually not to crowded although most people that frequent the Badlands are pretty nice people. But you still have 'my buggy is better than your buggy' DH's there.
    [​IMG]

Anybody that would like to hook up please let me know. I know the area pretty well and the Badlands reworked some trails with rocks and are really more fun now. -Mark

2. justinf

justinf 1/2 ton status

Damn, wish I could have made it over there with you. I am dying to get out wheeling again, just need to get my trailer back now.

3. mtnman210

mtnman210 1/2 ton status

cool pics it looks like a fun place to play

4. gzzgfw

gzzgfw 1/2 ton status

Yeah, I am looking forward to hooking up with you and John again. December is Toys for Tots at the Badlands.

I'm done for the winter, I'm finishing up this house then putting 1 ton stuff and bead-locks under the K5 for Spring. Maybe then I can keep up with you and John.........

5. ntaj*ep

ntaj*ep 1/2 ton status

Sure looks like fun, I need to get out.