Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Badlands in Indiana

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by Tshane, Jan 15, 2003.

1. Tshane

Tshane 1/2 ton status

Some of my buddies and I are thinking about going to the badlands in Indiana. i was wondering if any of you have ever gone there and your opinion on it.

http://www.badlandsoffroad.com/main.htm
    /forums/images/graemlins/truck.gif

2. K5DRAGER

K5DRAGER 1/2 ton status

Been there many times. Great place to wheel, they have mud, rocks, and sand. If ya have a fullsize just beware that most of there trails are pretty narrow. Great family that owns and runs it also.

3. 87sm465np208

87sm465np208 1/2 ton status

DONT!!!!! go in the forest on the far coner of the proporty, there is a hole that just gets deeper and deeper, and is so mucky, i was up to my hips in water, and i was slideing deeper into it, i got Lots of pics of me and my dad on our 4 wheelers there, just PM me if you wanna see them. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

/forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif /forums/images/graemlins/truck.gif

4. jjlaughner

jjlaughner 3/4 ton status

hit up NITRO or 75-k5 they have gone up there. Nitro and I live a little over an hour or so from there, but I've not personally been out there yet! I guess there is a little bit of everything though. I have heard some of the trails are pretty narrow!
    If you go to Nitro's webpage he got some pics
    main page
    Nov 30th badlands trip

Sorry Shane I had to post your links though!

5. NITRO

NITRO 1/2 ton status

hey, hows it going? we go to the badlands about every week or two. havent been since thanxgiving though cause i kinda spun a bearing in the bottom end. but once i get that done, im sure ill b going back soon. ill drop ya a line and let ya know when we are going next. if ya wanna come with us, ur more than welcome. but, u better b ready for water and a lil bit o body damage if ya wanna run some of the better trails. or, u can do what 75-K5 did....park ur rig and go for a ride with me. take a look at those pics that Jermiah posted of my website. its a pretty cool place. what r u running?? i also have a snorkel so i usually try to take the hardest way out. but there is almost always another way out. mayb we can get some other guys offa here to go. i only have 4" all sprung lift(soon to also have 3" body), 35", 355cid,th350,14bff,d44. its alotta fun

NITRO

6. 90K5Blazer

90K5Blazer Registered Member

The Badlands are not kinda tight, they are very tight! If you care about your body at all don't take it there. There are a few wide trails but the obstacles are not that good on them. I went and ended up riding in my brothers 2002 j**p cause I didnt want to damage mine. Of course we ended up rolling and totaling it. Cool place but way to tight for us big trucks! (my opinion) /forums/images/graemlins/ears.gif

7. RATAH

RATAH 1/2 ton status

i wanna go some time
    if ya guys wanna set something up
    for sometime this spring let me know,
    im not to worried bout mine getting beat up /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif
    it already beat to h*ll

8. thebigdaddyof2

thebigdaddyof2 1/2 ton status