Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

BADLANDS JULY 24TH run, uroc in the quarry

Discussion in 'Midwest Region' started by jjlaughner, Jul 17, 2004.

1. jjlaughner

jjlaughner 3/4 ton status

2. beater_k20

beater_k20 Banned

anyone going with an open seat? i've got a friend who would like to ride along, but due to Tim's truck being a stick, we cant both ride at the same time.

3. joez

joez 1/2 ton status

what trails are you guys planning on running? Hate to go all poser, but i really dont want to mash my K5 up to bad. I think if i did Tim would kick my ass. /forums/images/graemlins/ignore.gif

4. 84_Chevy_K10

84_Chevy_K10 Banned

I am bringing a couple other nice rigs. We'll be running the green and pink trails if you guys are up to it. For the really nasty sections you can take the bypasses, otherwiese if you've got some tires and a locker or two, you'll be good to go, and I've got a winch and a tow strap for y'all if all else fails.

I don't know about you guys but I don't really want to watch all that much, "Vertical drag racing". I want to go there and trail ride, and if nobody else is up for trail leader, I'll do it if necessary.

5. joez

joez 1/2 ton status

Exactly, if i take the drive down, im going to wheel, not watch.

6. BlueBlazer

BlueBlazer 1/2 ton status

No orange trail? Its very easy if you dont mind a little body damage.

7. fordcummins1

fordcummins1 1/2 ton status

Easy? /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif Hell, a Mog and a 1ton CJ blew through it in a ridiculously short amount of time if I remember right. The run we made with Brent and Jay was how wheeling should be done.

8. gzzgfw

gzzgfw 1/2 ton status

I'll be there around noon. We've got a game at 8:00 and I think my wife may let me go. Unfortunately sans K5, I'll be the fat guy with a cooler and lawn chair checking out the insanity in the quarry.

9. justinf

justinf 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    Easy? /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif Hell, a Mog and a 1ton CJ blew through it in a ridiculously short amount of time if I remember right. The run we made with Brent and Jay was how wheeling should be done.

[/ QUOTE ]

Hell yeah, just keep moving, no stopping to watch people go through obstacles.

The orange is pretty easy, really, there are only a few really tight sections (like the entrance). But with a cj, I don't have to worry about it.

Unfortunately, I won't be able to make it Saturday, but would like to go somewhere, probably Badlands, Rockport, or Marseilles sometime in early August.

10. joez

joez 1/2 ton status

Its starting to look like i wont be there either, ive got a ton of stuff to do arround here and the rain today set me back. I will do me best to get there, but right now its about 50/50.

Id be up for another run in august, where ever.

11. beater_k20

beater_k20 Banned

come on, you can Git R Dun! i started at 7:00 pm on a Friday night a couple weekends ago, with a pile of race car parts, and by 4:00 saturday afternoon it was on the track, and passing other cars. from what i hear you're nowhere near that far away.

12. jjlaughner

[ QUOTE ]
    I'll be there around noon. We've got a game at 8:00 and I think my wife may let me go. Unfortunately sans K5, I'll be the fat guy with a cooler and lawn chair checking out the insanity in the quarry.

[/ QUOTE ]

If my back isn't feeling better I'm not going. I just took some muscle relaxers have to see if they help. I got a chair you got room in your cooler for a couple cokes and a sandwich /forums/images/graemlins/whistling.gif

Tech inspection is Friday night at hooters, little show and shine show.

13. 84_Chevy_K10

84_Chevy_K10 Banned

I wouldn't have any real problem running orange but I don't think the guys that are showing up want to do it.

Without you and Brent, not sure I'd want to be out there anyway, Justin. If the [darn] hits the fan, no stock heep with tires is going to pull my rig back to the trail head.

14. justinf

justinf 1/2 ton status

A stock jeep could most likely get you out of the orange trail, there are a lot of bypasses out of the trail, they would only have to get you over maybe one or two hills. But I understand what you're saying. Next time, I'm over there with you guys, we'll get you on the orange trail. /forums/images/graemlins/whistling.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

It sucks that I've already got too much stuff going on this weekend, I'm itching to get back out on the trail.

15. gzzgfw

gzzgfw 1/2 ton status

I am getting several free passes for the UROC event from Jason of the Purdue Off Road Club from one of the major sponors of the event for promotion stuff.

I am picking them up this afternoon/evening in Mullberry, Jeremiah if you need a couple let me know during the day and I'll call and swing by and drop them off.

16. jjlaughner

you know where I live! I think me and Jeremy might run to Lafayette during the early afternoon to HDtool and I need a argon mix refill/wire from indiana oxygen, then we are going to stop by tech inspection at hootiers. Inspections are from 2pm till 6p, I guess we will probley be back at my house by 5 or 6p, depending on what time Jeremy shows up here today.

17. 84_Chevy_K10

84_Chevy_K10 Banned

So, who is showing up to trail ride with me and beater_K20.

The two dumbasses that were going with me bailed. Joez, you going I hope? Mark, can you bring your truck????

18. joez

joez 1/2 ton status

Im going to try and come sunday, im going to set my alarm for saturday, and see how i feel. If i feel like i do now, i wont want to get out of bed to shut off the alarm. If it feels good enough that i can make the drive and wheel all day without the aid of major painkillers, i will call you and still meet up. If not, Ill have to see how i feel sunday.

19. jjlaughner

Went to the saturday events and I think I might go back sunday... Definatly different from want you see on tv. We got there about noon and left at 3:30. I went off and forgot my camera because we where worried about the cooler and chairs... So I think we are going back over Sunday. I have 4 tickets left to get in free... Jame said him and his wife might go but thats till two tickets left open...

20. jjlaughner

a few uroc pics here