Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Badlands run this weekend

Discussion in 'Midwest Region' started by 84_Chevy_K10, Nov 16, 2004.

1. 84_Chevy_K10

84_Chevy_K10 Banned

My friends are all going, I'm going to try to make it too.

Who's in?

2. joez

joez 1/2 ton status

Ill be there on sunday, may see you out there.

3. justinf

justinf 1/2 ton status

Not sure I'll make it, the jeep has developed a knock in the top end that I have not investigated yet. /forums/images/graemlins/doah.gif

4. 84_Chevy_K10

84_Chevy_K10 Banned

[ QUOTE ]
    Not sure I'll make it, the jeep has developed a knock in the top end that I have not investigated yet. /forums/images/graemlins/doah.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Top end knocks aren't that bad, run it. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

5. justinf

justinf 1/2 ton status

Maybe I'll try and look at it tonight. It wanted to die a few times, and didn't want to turn over to start right a couple of times also. Suppose I could just take it and finish it off. /forums/images/graemlins/screwy.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

6. readymix

readymix 3/4 ton status

I would go but i have a few thing i need to get done first.
    <ul type="square"> [*]Install new front spring bushings [*]Build new front shackles. [*]Move frame mount [*]Insall crossover and bolt on brace [*]Fix leaking 14FF hub seals [*]replace all the shocks [*]re-install wiring harness and get the turn signals to work [*]get new lock-outs. DS broken [/list]
    More to come but money is short. I will make it out there during the winter sometime.

7. 84_Chevy_K10

84_Chevy_K10 Banned

[ QUOTE ]
    Maybe I'll try and look at it tonight. It wanted to die a few times, and didn't want to turn over to start right a couple of times also. Suppose I could just take it and finish it off. /forums/images/graemlins/screwy.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Eh, who cares, if it drops a valve, cylinder heads are a dime a dozen. /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

I just got mine running, i haven't looked at it in 3 months.

8. 84_Chevy_K10

84_Chevy_K10 Banned

[ QUOTE ]
    <ul type="square"> [*]Install new front spring bushings [*]Build new front shackles. [*]Move frame mount [*]Insall crossover and bolt on brace [*]Fix leaking 14FF hub seals [*]replace all the shocks [*]re-install wiring harness and get the turn signals to work [*]get new lock-outs. DS broken [/list]
    More to come but money is short. I will make it out there during the winter sometime.

[/ QUOTE ]

If ya have the parts, we can pull an all nighter tomorrow night if ya want to go, sounds like a bunch of little stuff.

9. readymix

readymix 3/4 ton status

All i have is the brace and the bushings. I got the 2" x 3/8" flat stock for free yesterday from the steel yard. At least i will be able to re-install the axle. I would drive it like that but the DLE's and TRE's are shot so it steers wherever it wants to.

When i get it done i will let you know and we can plan a trip to the Badlands. I have 4 or 5 other guys around here that want to go wiith me.

10. laketex

laketex 3/4 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    [ QUOTE ]
    <ul type="square"> [*]Install new front spring bushings [*]Build new front shackles. [*]Move frame mount [*]Insall crossover and bolt on brace [*]Fix leaking 14FF hub seals [*]replace all the shocks [*]re-install &lt;a href="http://www.serverlogic3.com/lm/rtl3.asp?si=11&amp;k=wiring%20harness" onmouseover="window.status='wiring harness'; return true;" onmouseout="window.status=''; return true;"&gt;wiring harness&lt;/a&gt; and get the turn signals to work [*]get new lock-outs. DS broken [/list]

[/ QUOTE ]

If ya have the parts, we can pull an all nighter tomorrow night if ya want to go, sounds like a bunch of little stuff.

[/ QUOTE ]

No kidding. It sounds like an old school Dan and Bryan night!

11. beater_k20

beater_k20 Banned

allnighters are kinda cool. if i had a bigger garage, i'd pull em all the time. maybe when spring comes around i can con one of the Ill guys to drive out my way for an all night thrash. hmmm, any volunteers? /forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif /forums/images/graemlins/whistling.gif

12. 84_Chevy_K10

84_Chevy_K10 Banned

[ QUOTE ]
    [ QUOTE ]
    [ QUOTE ]
    <ul type="square"> [*]Install new front spring bushings [*]Build new front shackles. [*]Move frame mount [*]Insall crossover and bolt on brace [*]Fix leaking 14FF hub seals [*]replace all the shocks [*]re-install &lt;a href="http://www.serverlogic3.com/lm/rtl3.asp?si=11&amp;k=wiring%20harness" onmouseover="window.status='wiring harness'; return true;" onmouseout="window.status=''; return true;"&gt;wiring harness&lt;/a&gt; and get the turn signals to work [*]get new lock-outs. DS broken [/list]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

No kidding. It sounds like an old school Dan and Bryan night!

[/ QUOTE ]

I was sooooooo damn tired that night Bryan. I fell asleep mid-intersection and got pulled over on my way home. That was BAD!!!

13. readymix

readymix 3/4 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    allnighters are kinda cool. if i had a bigger garage, i'd pull em all the time. maybe when spring comes around i can con one of the Ill guys to drive out my way for an all night thrash. hmmm, any volunteers? /forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif /forums/images/graemlins/whistling.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

I can accomidate a few at my house. I live in Navy housing though and the cops tend to get a little pissy if it gets to loud. Only real restriction is that my compressor can't be used after 10pm. We have a kegerator in hte garage though. /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif

14. zeroz400

zeroz400 1/2 ton status

If your at the NTC then your only like a couple miles from a good offroad spot. Im about 6miles away from there, id be happy to test out that kegerator.

Later

15. 84_Chevy_K10

84_Chevy_K10 Banned

[ QUOTE ]
    If your at the NTC then your only like a couple miles from a good offroad spot. Im about 6miles away from there, id be happy to test out that kegerator.

Later

[/ QUOTE ]

Is that place legal?

16. zeroz400

zeroz400 1/2 ton status

No, all the places by us are illegal becuase we live in the suburbs. Theres a guy that lives back there and says hes never seen cops back there, think he said thats about 8years. Its just a bunch of ruts and mud pits, theres also a swamp back there but nothing worth coming up for imo.

Later

17. readymix

readymix 3/4 ton status

Re: Badlands run this weekend *DELETED*

Post deleted by readymix

18. 84_Chevy_K10

84_Chevy_K10 Banned

I hate to say it but this is precisely what is going to destroy our sport, guys.

19. fordcummins1

fordcummins1 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    [ QUOTE ]

Later

[/ QUOTE ]

Is that place legal?

[/ QUOTE ]

Believe me, its not worth coming up for, I ran through it with a bone stock F250 a few years back when I was in high school. Just a couple of small holes, and lots of ruts, as was already said.

20. joez

joez 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    I hate to say it but this is precisely what is going to destroy our sport, guys.

[/ QUOTE ]

Going to? Its what has been for years. What really erks me is that people do it just because its convenient for them. There are plenty of places to wheel here in the midwest, not as much as the west, but they are here.

EDIT: BTW, Tim, did your buddies make it down there? I only saw one other chevy out there, a flatbed running rear boggers and front TSL's, he was running with a Zuk.