Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Badlands Video #1 *edited* once again available

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by 84_Chevy_K10, Nov 13, 2003.

1. 84_Chevy_K10

84_Chevy_K10 Banned

Check out the video here

The last guy that hosted it got a $326 bill. /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

2. FatBoyBlazer

FatBoyBlazer 1/2 ton status

Re: Badlands Video #1

orange trail should be up in a lil while /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

3. 84_Chevy_K10

84_Chevy_K10 Banned

Yep workin on it now /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

4. mudhog

mudhog THEGAME Staff Member Super Moderator

you should definitely warn the 56k people this is a 95.9meg download /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif i am downloading it now with cable at 236kb/sec so it is on a fast server /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

5. 84_Chevy_K10

84_Chevy_K10 Banned

Yeah, I was gonna say, forget it unless you've got a high speed connection.

The quality is poor. Ryan has promised me to send the raw file so I can put up a better quality video.

The orange trail video is 200 mb and I can only recieve it at 60kb/sec so it's taking a while to get it from him. /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif

6. mudhog

awesome video /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif id be interested to see the 200meg video /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

7. 84_Chevy_K10

84_Chevy_K10 Banned

6 more minutes and I'll have it. Do you have AIM?

8. mudhog

nope but i do have my own server if you have a ftp client

9. 84_Chevy_K10

84_Chevy_K10 Banned

Dan is going to help me set up my server soon and then I'll be able to host. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

10. mudhog

/forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

11. K5DRAGER

K5DRAGER 1/2 ton status

It loads for me but then all I get is sound and some ambience bullcrap! Whats the deal ? Am I doing something wrong ? /forums/images/graemlins/1zhelp.gif

12. Zeus33rd

Zeus33rd Smarter than you GMOTM Winner

Hydro clutch? lol, If your body mounts weren't thrashed, you wouldn't have a problem getting it out of gear so you could start it. /forums/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif

13. Mudzer

Mudzer 1/2 ton status Author

I must have a good connection because I received it at 673 kbps! Wooo Hooo!

Good video guys!

What is the best way to capture video from a Digital Camcorder? I guess I need a USB cable or something right? I need to get some vid from the Fall Crawl. This video was great, but Dan was driving a little to easy for his reputation!

14. 84_Chevy_K10

84_Chevy_K10 Banned

[ QUOTE ]
    Hydro clutch? lol, If your body mounts weren't thrashed, you wouldn't have a problem getting it out of gear so you could start it. /forums/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

My body mounts are brand new poly, thank you very much. Body mounts thrashed? I just had the whole body off my truck last year and replaced the frame. All that stuff is brand new. My clutch linkage just doesn't work the way it's supposed to. I don't understand why I have to work the bugs out of a stock setup, but all it has done is act up since I put it in. When it does work, I have to adjust it so all the free play is gone in order to get the clutch to release all the way. That setup is very irritating and at this point I am considering not messing with it anymore.

15. sled_dog

sled_dog 1 ton status

After watching you Tim I think I'm going Hydro clutch. I envision a lot of the same crap when I get into the hard stuff.

16. 84_Chevy_K10

84_Chevy_K10 Banned

[ QUOTE ]
    After watching you Tim I think I'm going Hydro clutch. I envision a lot of the same crap when I get into the hard stuff.

[/ QUOTE ]

That isn't even hard. If you can see, my right front tire is stuffed a little, but there is no way it should be bound up that hard.

That one instance was really ridculous. I was so pissed off, it's too bad the camera didn't catch me swearing at my truck. It was bound up so hard that I didn't know what to do. The clutch wouldn't release at all, the shifter wouldn't move into neutral with all the force I could muster, I couldn't get the transfercase out of 4 lo. Finally, I just started the engine in gear, got the truck to move a little bit, and forced the truck out of gear and into neutral. It rolled back a little bit, I had a clutch again, so I put it in gear and I was good to go.

I'm going to go to my mom's house this weekend and get a different rod from the pedal assembly to the Z bar (one that isn't lengthened for the body lift) and I'm going to take my body lift off completely, set my cab straight on the frame, install my new Z bar, and adjust my clutch and see what is up. I really could rant all day about this. My truck was doing great other than the clutch, and even though I would have had a little problem with traction, I would have tried the orange trail if not for my clutch linkage issues. The next time I go to badlands I'm doing it for sure.

I guess everything is a learning process. I am sure driving my truck is going to be a lot better when I'm not fighting the damn tranny all the time.

It's just irritating. This month marks 3 years since I first lifted my truck and I want to get to have fun with it, and I have got to the last few months, I just keep having this little crap piss me off.

17. Mudzer

Mudzer 1/2 ton status Author

Tim,

Any chance your pressure plate might have collapsed on one side?

Mine did this and I fought linkage bind and other things all the while, the pressure plate was the culprit. It failed after one run! I went to Mudstock and nearly got stuck on a Bus bad enough a K30 couldnt pull me off backwards. I couldn't disengage the clutch all the way. Finally I had to start the truck and rev the piss out of it - smoking the clutch disk while the dude pulled me back.

Of course, I had my share of mechanical linkage problems too - bind issues and such. It would bind up any time my truck flexed up even a little bit. Think about it, your frame moves differently from the body - regardless of the condition of the body bushings. Thats what it's supposed to do. So, with offroad conditions (even with factory parts) it tends to bind up. GM trucks do not have a very rigid frame. Think about either ditching the linkage for hydro or stiffen up the frame to remove some of that flex - but with the body and frame moving separately, you will still have issues. This is why I went to cable shifter on my Auto - I didn't want bind issues with the mechanical linkage to the auto tranny.

18. sled_dog

sled_dog 1 ton status

if I can find a TH350 with 203 or 205 I may convert. I don't know yet we shall see.

19. mudhog

[ QUOTE ]
    It loads for me but then all I get is sound and some ambience bullcrap! Whats the deal ? Am I doing something wrong ? /forums/images/graemlins/1zhelp.gif

[/ QUOTE ]
    you don't have the right codex's installed

20. KRAZIE87K5

KRAZIE87K5 1/2 ton status

Hey Brent-

Have your seat cushions recovered from that lil mud hole incident yet? /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

-Dan