Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Badlands Yesterday

Discussion in 'Midwest Region' started by K30CJ, Apr 24, 2004.

1. K30CJ

K30CJ 1/2 ton status

My 11 yo son and I went to the Badlands yesterday to wheel and test the new lower links in the rear. It was a super nice day, and practically no one was there, being a weekday. We had a good day. The links passed the test after hammering on them in the quarry. But, later in the day, my transfer case crossmember mount broke away from the frame. At least I was close to the parking lot at the time. Here's a couple pics from near Buzzard's Roost on the pink trail. This isn't a K5, but it's a Chevy at heart. /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. jjlaughner

jjlaughner 3/4 ton status

/forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif

3. 75-K5

75-K5 3/4 ton status

Is that the same wall Brent was trying to climb up last November?

4. justinf

justinf 1/2 ton status

I still say you suck, I wish I would have ditched work Friday and taken my jeep over there too. /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

Yeah, Brent tried climbing it last November. This is on the pink trail where it circles around the huge rock formation.

5. K30CJ

K30CJ 1/2 ton status

Yeah, that's one of our favorite obstacles. There are actually buzzards there. My son found two big eggs in one of the holes in the rock. We've also seen some chicks (buzzard chicks /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif) in there before. It had rained the night before, and there was no getting up that spot that day. Moved 8 feet to the left, and it was doable.

6. K30CJ

K30CJ 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    I still say you suck, I wish I would have ditched work Friday and taken my jeep over there too. /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes you should have. Sorry, gotta get the wheelin' in when I can get a day off.

7. justinf

justinf 1/2 ton status

Just giving you a hard time /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif. I would have loved to ditch work, but I had a project I had to get out the door Friday, so there was no way I could have ditched. that's all right though, we'll get out soon. One way or another, I'd like to go wheelin in the next week or two.