Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Badlands

Discussion in 'Blazin Trails' started by Truckfan2, Apr 12, 2000.

1. Truckfan2

Truckfan2 1/2 ton status

Has anyone been to the Badlands in Indiana? Is it worth going and will they allow a truck as big as a K5 in there?

NEVER been stuck... *yet*

2. 6.2Blazer

6.2Blazer 1/2 ton status

Some of the Jeep and Samurai guys in my club went out there last year and had a blast. I heard that they had closed off the area to fullsize trucks for a while because of some irresponsible use (fullsize trucks were running over trees and making there own trails around the tight spots), but I think maybe they have reopened it to fullsize, but I'm not sure.

3. Mudzer

Mudzer 1/2 ton status Author

Truckfan2,

I am not sure if they allow Blazers or not. They do have a wheelbase limit of 107", and Blazers are at 106.5" so you would have to call them.

Here is a link to their page http://www.badlandsoffroad.com/

If they do allow K5s, let me know when you want to go and I may meet you up there. I am in St. Louis and Attica is about 3.5 - 4 hours away. My old weak motor could make that trek. Let me know man!!!

[​IMG]
    Mudzer 1978/91 K5

4. Mudzer

Mudzer 1/2 ton status Author

I am driving up to Attica next weekend the 25th to pick up some parts. I will probably check out the Badlands while I am there.

[​IMG]
    Mudzer 1978/91 K5

5. realsquash

realsquash 1/2 ton status

I've checked on this and this year, they are letting FS trucks in on a trial basis. I'm planning a trip for the middle of august with a person my my club, but it would be nice to meet up with some other FS trux!

Squash
    http://www.trailrunners4x4.org/users/realsquash

6. When you going up realsquash?
    I've been talking to a local club about joining they are going there on august 12.Let me know if your going we have to meet up they all have jeeps,be nice to wheel with another full size!!!

IF IT AINT BIG IT AINT BAD!!!!!!

7. S10-4x4

S10-4x4 1/2 ton status

I live here in Illinois around the Champaign area. I have never gone to Attica....I drive an S10-4x4 so I would look tiny to you people....but it would still be fun to have people to go with? Say some time and some place to meet and we can work something out.
    S10-4x4