Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Badlands????

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by bigboy, Dec 13, 2005.

1. bigboy

bigboy Registered Member

I was wondering if I could take an almost stock k5 to the badlands without messing up stuff??? It is all stock with 33" tires kinda aggressive. I live about 25mins away from the badlands and was wondering if anyone else goes there frequently????

2. lrazer

lrazer 1/2 ton status

they have all kinds or terrain there
    just depends on what u try
    u can definatly have fun there without messing up your truck

3. 350k5

350k5 1/2 ton status

I would say you probably could still have fun with a pretty stock K5. Badlands is a very intense off road park, so you'll just want to take it easy. Try not to put your foot into it too much. I see that your in Lafayette so it's the closest to you. You could go and just stick to the basic areas and still have a good time. But I would recommend Haspin Acres in Laurel IN. It's probably about 3 hours South East of Lafayette however. Oh well, Badlands will still be fun.

Off topic, but I'm in West Lafayette right now, I go to Purdue, it's actually my last day here as I'm transferring down to Bloomington... Oh well, what can I say. Not really having a good time, to each his own though.

4. readymix

readymix 3/4 ton status

Sure you can, Just be carefull. It would help to have a guide though as the park is pretty big. Last time we went there we had a Jeep with 33" Baha Claws and he did pertty good and suffered no body damage at all.
    On the same note all 3 of the fullsize's that went smacked the sheetmetal up here and there.

You can look on my website for some badlands pics to give you an idea of what is out there. Most of the time I was not taking pics though, as the driving was too fun.

5. 8t7jimmy

8t7jimmy 1/2 ton status Premium Member

I try to go as often as i can, but that isn't very often. You should be fine if you stick to the easy stuff. I have a 87 Jimmy with 4" lift and 33", but everyting else is stock for now. I go most everywhere and you can tell it from the body panels. After the last trip, parts of my truck are only as wide as a jeep!

6. bigboy

bigboy Registered Member

We should set up a day that some of us can go down there and wheel. I have never been there but want to go. I am new to the wheeling thing ya know so I dont really know what to try and what not to try I am kinda hard on my stuff somehtimes.