Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Baffling the Holley or Just do a TBI???

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by rigdonhome, May 29, 2003.

1. rigdonhome

rigdonhome 1/2 ton status

I have a 1977 K5 with a Qjet (adapted to a square bore manifold with an adapter plate... /forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif) and HEI. It will soon have a (square bore) Holley 750 with dual inlet fuel bowls.

I have never off-roaded with a truck of my own that was not fuel injected. I have always had the luxury of running it on steep angles, standing it on end, bouncing it around, jumping it, etc., without worrying about fuel slosh killing it and leaving me in a bad situation. But I've seen carb'd rigs get in hairy situations because of this...

So I'm putting a Holly in place of the Qjet soon and wondering if I should waste my time trying to put all the aftermarket baffles in it to try to keep the fuel in it at steep angles and on bumpy trails, or just start scrounging up a TBI unit that I can put on later for trails?

Anybody out there had good luck with Baffling a Holley for steep trails and side hills and hard bouncing? Or am I just wasting my time?

The TBI will also be unbeatable if I move to the mountains where I change altitude by 5000 feet and back several times per week, or the temp changes by +/- 60 degrees in a matter of hours.

Anyone? Anyone? I've worked on a lot of Qjets and Holleys, but it's just been a while. Not scared at all. Just got spoiled to EFI over the years. Not scared of them either.

/forums/images/graemlins/ears.gif

Cheers,
    Scot

2. rigdonhome

rigdonhome 1/2 ton status

Me again. Forgot to add to my favorites. Carry on.

Cheers,
    Scott