Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

BAH, I hate the AF

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Capman2k, Nov 10, 2004.

1. Capman2k

Capman2k 3/4 ton status

Gotta love the good old United States Air Force... /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif

Yeah... So I got my NGB Form 22 in the mail today finally...

Looks like the wonderful folks at the WYANG decided I'm ineligible for reenlistment... Screw that... My friends mom is a retired AF paralegal... She says she can advise me on how to appeal the piss out of that once my ankle heals... hellz yeah, ineligible my ass... I'll get a dang waiver to get back in if I have to fight it till I'm too old to enlist /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif Enough of this being a civilian bullshit... It's just not right being in control of my own life...

On another note, I registered for a couple classes at the community college today, and made quite a spiffy resume for a job I'm going to apply for in Colorado this Friday /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif

2. Resurrection_Joe

Resurrection_Joe 1 ton status

Awww makes me wish I went to LCCC sooner, could hang with ya

3. js4x4

js4x4 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    It's just not right being in control of my own life...

[/ QUOTE ]

Are you unable to join the reserves? maybe get in there and then apply for active from there. I know the Navy has the TAR program....(Temporary Active Reserve) they do the same crap as active and get the 20 yr retirement too. Another option is doing a different service...just a though bro.

4. Capman2k

Capman2k 3/4 ton status

Actually................ I've been turned down by active duty everyone already, I have a GED... /forums/images/graemlins/mad.gif

The Army National Guard is.... no.... I'm gonna see what I can do about getting back into the Air National Guard...

Oh yeah... When I talk about being in the AF, I'm actually referring to the ANG... Same thing as far as I'm concerned, but then I forget that in certain conversations, there are differences that could confuse people if I start talking about ANG stuff and refer to it as AF stuff... Confuses people at work all the time. "I thought you were in the guard," they say... Some even like to ask why I went to Air Force Basic Training for the Guard /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif

5. Capman2k

Capman2k 3/4 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    Awww makes me wish I went to LCCC sooner, could hang with ya

[/ QUOTE ]

That'd be cool... I have two classes on Tuesday and Thursday... I have a feeling I'm not quite going to like it there... I quite despised high school, and walking around campus reminds me of walking around East High... *shudder*...........

I don't understand it... All the other colleges I've walked around are like a college... Sure, you've got your stupid retards who can't get out of high school mode, but you have them everywhere... LCCC seems to be the place where all those people congregate.........................

But, since I got my ass sucked into that Ranger with it's $365.09 payments, I kinda need to keep working full time, which means I'm staying here in town for a while... /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif

6. shane74

shane74 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    since I got my ass sucked into that Ranger with it's $365.09 payments, I kinda need to keep working full time, which means I'm staying here in town for a while...

[/ QUOTE ]
    Sounds like you need to sell it and get yourself a cheap beater car till you finish up school. There will ALWAYS be another rig to buy. I hate to admit it, but when I was in college, I gave up my '87 Jimmy. I put it in the paper for "Take over payments". It was gone within 3 days. It was nice to not have to worry about a car payment. I went out and bought myself a $1000 car and drove it for 5 years. I had it till a stoopid idjit pulled out in front of me and totalled it. Best little car I ever had.

7. Capman2k

Capman2k 3/4 ton status

I suppose I could try that take over payments idea... How did you go about selling it with a lien on the title and such???

I'm just a bit worried about trying to sell it or trade it in, since I owe so many THOUSANDS of dollars more than it's worth /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif

8. surpip

surpip 1 ton status

so what if you got a GED? man i know people in the NAVY that got in with criminal records, and were out on bail, they struck up a deal to get charges dropped if the joined, you should have no problem gettin in, just makes shure you have done well on the ASVAB, youll get alot better choices in jobs

9. jarheadk5

jarheadk5 1/2 ton status

Go see a different recruiter (service of your choice) a few days before the end of the month. They may be singing a different tune regarding your GED...

10. 84_Chevy_K10

84_Chevy_K10 Banned

you can get in with a GED, you're just ineligible for bonus.

What number is your reenlistment code?

11. Capman2k

Capman2k 3/4 ton status

Don't have a reenlistment code... just says I'm ineligible...