Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

BAH!

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by TXsizeK5, Jan 8, 2003.

1. TXsizeK5

TXsizeK5 1/2 ton status

Well, got my shackel flip and 0 rates in. Front EZ rides. And SX8000's in! Only problem is... damn driveline angle!! Hehe vibrates on take off, around 20mph and up untill about 35-45mph. Is it very bad to drive around for a little bit with bad angles? I think im gunna cure it tomorrow or the next day. But will it hurt much to drive here and there? Thanks!

2. azblazor

azblazor 1/2 ton status Premium Member

</font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
    But will it hurt much to drive here and there?

[/ QUOTE ] Probably not.

3. Mreetz

Mreetz 1/2 ton status

Check your U joint and drop the transfer case an inch. You can drop it easily using the spacers on it now, just move them to the top.

Good Luck!! /forums/images/graemlins/ears.gif

4. TXsizeK5

TXsizeK5 1/2 ton status

Well after we had put in the lift, the steering wheel was offcentered... well I took it to my friends dad and he said angles look fine, he corrected the steering to an extent, still off cneterd but better than before. He said he didnt ahve the machine to do it perfect, and the shop next door did but they were closed. And then i drove it, and the vibes seemed to be down a little, still a little, but better definately. Anyway, could it be the steering and front end casugin the vibes and not the rear end at all? The vibes are mostly felt in steering wheel and tranny shifter, its not like a violent jolting of the whole truck or anyhting