Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Baja 1000 and 94 sub straight axle conv.

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by retroblazer, Nov 30, 2003.

1. retroblazer

retroblazer 1/2 ton status Premium Member

I just returned from the 1000. We raced a K-5 in Class 3. Before I left for the race, I tried to assemble my 94 sub into a useable vehicle. I attempted to bring the sub with me to pre-run and chase. Between timing of funds and my availabiltiy to do the work, I fell short of getting the truck done before leaving for Baja. I received some help before I left for the race from members of ColoradoK5.com I was introduced to the group by Steve Watson. In addition to being very helpful in selecting suspension combinations, he posted a call for help in my driveway. I want to thank those guys again publically. Ryan, I wish I knew the rest of his name, from MA and going to school in Chicago, was a huge help. Yes, there are good folks out there. I hope Steve W. had a good time. He ended up taking the right seat in the race. Steve thanks again for all the help.

2. 84_Chevy_K10

84_Chevy_K10 Banned

I don't have anything to say except welcome to CK5. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif for being a member on your first post. The Ryan you're referring to is Fatboyblazer.

3. Bubba Ray Boudreaux

Bubba Ray Boudreaux 1 ton status

Want to congratulate you for finishing the race. Huge accomplishment to say the least. Hope ya stick around to give us dezheads some tech and pics of the K5. By the way, you have PM.

4. zcarczar

zcarczar 1/2 ton status

Welcome to Ck5, Im one of the dezheads that BRBoudreaux is talking about. Hope to see some pictures of this race blazer and congrats on finishing the race. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

5. zcarczar

zcarczar 1/2 ton status

Is this the race blazer?
    [​IMG]

6. skratch

skratch 1/2 ton status

Congrats!

Now get that Burb finished so all us Subculture guys have something to check out. /forums/images/graemlins/burb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

7. retroblazer

retroblazer 1/2 ton status Premium Member

yes, that's my blazer. Some of my original pictures of the truck are located at www.offroaders.com/class3 In this photo I'm flying a little lower than my fellow racers. Having not run this section of the course before, I tapped my brakes when I saw this large crowd standing in front of the jump.

8. bajaviking

bajaviking 1/2 ton status

Congrats! I was a member of the pitcrew at the Bajapits #3 location at Km. 253. I saw you when you passed us, it was already dark but I could tell that it was Blazer. Happy you made it, a lot of people didn't even make it passed the first 250 kilometers, I heard from many racers that the route this year was pretty nasty. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

9. Grim-Reaper

Grim-Reaper 3/4 ton status Author

Welcome! Awsome truck. How about some detail shots of the truck and cage we can drool over. /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

10. Moose

Moose 1/2 ton status

Congrats will see you out there. /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif /forums/images/graemlins/burb.gif