Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Baja 1000 Follow-up

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by retroblazer, Nov 30, 2004.

1. retroblazer

retroblazer 1/2 ton status Premium Member

Yeah, the almost masters of disasters failed again. We lost two alternators before the halfway point of the race. The first one we changed at race mile 327, at El Crucero and the second one died less than a 150 miles later. It's too bad, because the truck was working really well. They've posted some pictures at www.tracksidephoto.com in trucks under the wrong name, Griffin, not Raffo. I asked them to correct this, but I don't know if it has been done. I ran into a few of my fellow members on this trip and would like to thank them for the help they gave us. The next race that we know we're doing is in Feb., the SCORE San Felipe 250, but there is an outside chance that we do the SCORE Laughlin race in Jan.

2. jac6695

jac6695 1/2 ton status

Many of us were following the coverage the race both days and were very disapointed to hear about your tough luck. I hope things work out better for you guys next year, gain some more experience, and make another run at the 1000. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

3. bluejeep

bluejeep 1/2 ton status

Kinda off-topic, but do you tow the race blazer with the '94 Sub you've converted to solid-axle? If so, how does it tow? Any pics? Thanks.