Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Baja Belted

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by davisz71, Jan 23, 2005.

1. davisz71

davisz71 Newbie

Hey guys I'm looking at a set of Mickey Thompson Baja Belted 15/39/15. A guy in my town has them for sale with 95% tread. Has anyone used these or have any good info on them on how they do in mud and trails. Thanks

2. sled_dog

sled_dog 1 ton status

mud they suck, snow they suck.... sand I don't know but I bet they are alright there. So yeah, on a show rig they are nice.

3. jekquistk5

jekquistk5 Weld nekid Premium Member GMOTM Winner

Alot of the buggies run them as rears in the dunes. But other then sand, Im guessing they suck!

4. stizkidz

stizkidz 1/2 ton status

I have not tried them in anything other than street and snow. On the street, they are loud and seem fine. However in the snow, they are worthless.

5. Cmoe

Cmoe 1/2 ton status

They do good in sand. Ok on the road, but bias so they fallow the road alot & load. I ran a set of 33x14.5x15 Baja's HP's and drove to Cal. with them with my girlfriend. She tried to take a nap on the way but it fallowed the road so much that she couldn't sleep. Changed to 35x12.5x15 Big O XT's (radials) for the trip home. Alot Smoother! BUT LOVE THE LOOK OF THE BAJA'S!:cool1: