Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Baja Claw LIFE?

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by CHEVY 4WD, Apr 20, 2004.

1. CHEVY 4WD

CHEVY 4WD 1/2 ton status

I was just wondering what people here are getting for tread life on a baja claw, espically 33's. Also if anyone can measure the actuall hight of these I would apprecaite it.
    BTW Im not talking about the radials

2. 84gmcjimmy

84gmcjimmy 1 ton status

I think I heard someone say they wear great /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif /forums/images/graemlins/dunno.gif

3. RustBuket

RustBuket 1/2 ton status

I heard someone say that they are terrible in snow and wear out really fast. /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif

4. thezentree

thezentree 3/4 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    I heard someone say that they are terrible in snow and wear out really fast. /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

i heard the same. any time i see claws, theyre almost bald. i dont think ive ever seen a set with a decent amount of tread left. i also heard they suck ass in mud /forums/images/graemlins/dunno.gif

5. bigburban383

bigburban383 1/2 ton status

I knew this guy I worked withs cousin who bought some Baja tires from where I worked that we put on his truck. They were bald in less then 10,000 miles and he was pissed. I asked, it was mostly street drivin. Don't buy the tires for street use.

6. GMC

GMC 1/2 ton status

I talked to a guy who had 38" Claws on a Chevy truck and he said they were wearing really good. I rode in his truck and it rode smooth. I thought they looked pretty big also compared to my 38" SX's I had at the time. I can't remember if he said how they were offroad, although one of the 4x4 mags did a tire test and they said they did great in the mud against the TSL's, Bogger's, STS's, and IROK's.

7. bigburban383

bigburban383 1/2 ton status

Oh, I also think those tires were the older tread design, maybe they changed the rubber compound too /forums/images/graemlins/dunno.gif

8. DougK20

DougK20 1/2 ton status

As with any tire, especially directional, you must rotate constantly. I rotate my claws every 1500 miles and they have been wearing great. I think their forte is in the rocks at about 11-13psi. They are exceptionally smooth and quiet on the road.

9. B_to_C

B_to_C 1/2 ton status Author

My 33" Baja Claws (bias ply) are bald at about 20,000 miles. The actual height (no joking) is 30.5 inches... of course that's with no tread left /forums/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif And mine are NOT quiet on the road