Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Balance & Rotation

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by UseYourBlinker, Dec 1, 2000.

1. UseYourBlinker

UseYourBlinker 1 ton status

I was going to post this in the Non-4x4 section, but I think I will get more reaction's here. I went to get a balance & rotation today at America's Tire Co. The guy working on my Blazer pulls it into the bay to begin working on it. This fat bastard comes over and starts making fun of the tires (Super Swamper's) and how high it is (only 2.5 inch suspension lift)He said it would look and ride better if I LOWERED it! I really don't care what other people think of me or my rig, but this guy was asking for a beat down!Before I left I asked him what car he was driving around town, and he replied "Oh, I don't have one" Then I told him he shouldn't talk shxt about other peoples trucks when you don't have one! Sorry guy's had to rant, doesn't this kinda stuff piss you off?

2. Emmettology 101

Emmettology 101 3/4 ton status

So you have a 2.5" lift, what size tires do you have?

And dont people knwo the taller the tire the more sidewall flex the tire has which equal to a softer ride in most cases!

I feel for you man!

Mike [​IMG]
    See <font color=green>EMMETT</font color=green> -&gt; http://emmett.coloradok5.com

3. UseYourBlinker

I'm running 33/12.50R15 on 15x10 rims!

4. Panther

Panther 1/2 ton status

That guy is an idiot. Ignorance is bliss and that's why there are so many happy people in the world.

Off-topic, (I tried to PM you, but you have it turned off). How do the 33x12.5s run under the 2.5" lift? That's exactly what I wanna do. Do you do any wheelin with it? Thanks!

<font color=blue>"You call it clearance, I call it head room." [​IMG]</font color=blue>

5. OFFRDK5

OFFRDK5 1/2 ton status Premium Member

I really don' t want to sound like I just got off the boat. I just woke up (3 PM CST) after working the 3rd [censored] and what the fark is a "I tried to PM you...." I really need to wake up...I can barely type!!

SK-15
    J**P...it's whats for dinner!
    http://SK-15.coloradok5.com

6. tRustyK5

tRustyK5 Big meanie Staff Member Super Moderator GMOTM Winner Author

Private Message [​IMG]

Rene

[​IMG]

7. UseYourBlinker

The tires fit perfect in the rear no rubbing, but they rub a bit in the front when flexing. I haven't really went hardcore wheeling in it yet, But have done the mud thing and a little bit of hill climbing!

8. Panther

Panther 1/2 ton status

Rene hit the nail on the head. I just meant I wanted to ask you about the 33x12.5s and it was off-topic from your post so I figured I would send you a private message about it. But you have it turned off in your profile so I just posted my question right in line with your topic.

<font color=blue>"You call it clearance, I call it head room." [​IMG]</font color=blue>

9. UseYourBlinker

Yeah thanks for letting me know that my Private Message was off!

If it ain't a Chevy, don't raise it up!

10. EDdaTREE

EDdaTREE 1/2 ton status

If I was you, I'd go out and check my lugnuts and tire pressure...that clown probably did'nt even know how to work on a vehicle! Ya gotta watch some of these places,last time I let a tire place touch my truck , they screwed up like crazy.

"I'm not stuck...I'm just resting!"

11. UseYourBlinker

Every time my Blazer goes into a shop I stand right next to it,and make sure a dumbass doesn't work on it! I used to work at a local Sear's Automotive (Newark,CA.)so I know how this guy's think.

If it ain't a Chevy, don't raise it up!

12. MA87K5

MA87K5 1/2 ton status

Don't go to Town Fair Tire for tires. I went there for a set of Formula A/T's. Those tires have been giving a bouncy ride. I took my truck back to them so they can check the tires and all they did was rebalance them, and they put the weights in the wrong place and the brake calipers took them off. I went back for the same out of round reason, and they rebalanced them again. They told me that it is hard to balance bigger tires. I have 33x12.50R15. I told them that the tires are out of round just enough to make me bounce. They said there must be something wrong with the truck. I told them that I had 31x10.50R15 on it before and I had no bounce. I checked the tires and you can tell that the tires aren't round. Apparently untrained ASE are everywhere. At 25mph it feels like I'm on small whoopdee doos.

13. coopertwpk

coopertwpk 1/2 ton status

I also have the 2.5" but im installing the 1" add block in the front pack tommorow the bolt in .