Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Balancing beadlocks

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by Cavalry, Jul 25, 2001.

1. Cavalry

Cavalry 1/2 ton status

upstate NY(although I cant figure out why)
    A recent petersons made a statement like "you cannot balance a beadlocked tire" the inside is no problem... why cant you use stick on's behind(hidden) the ring? What is everyone using to balance then? What about using Equal?

"There is a fine line between hobby and mental illness"
    Luke
    84 K5

2. Bigd

Bigd 1/2 ton status

I don't see why stick on's wouldn't work.But i don't have bead locks yet.I had too put two bags of equal in each tire too get mine too ride smooth enough.Just not much you can do about a 38 inch tire 32 ounces out of balance.

3. pcorssmit

pcorssmit 1/2 ton status

I tried equal, didn't make much difference. You could probably use some tape-ons behind the beadlock ring, it would look like crap, though (if you care). Mine runs smooth as could be down the highway, once it's strapped down to the trailer. Another problem is centering the tire, some bead lock styles make this next to impossible.

Pete

'83 K5, 350 TBI (ex 6.2), 700R4, NP208, Dana 60/14 bolt, 4.56s, Detroits, 3" lift, 15-39.5x15 TSLs
    '97 Dodge 2500 4x4 CC LB Sport, Cummins 5 spd

4. 85m1009

85m1009 1/2 ton status

I just have mine balanced with the standard wheel weights on the back side. No problems at all.

<font color=green>Steve Frisbie</font color=green>

5. moneypit

moneypit 1/2 ton status

I didnt balance mine and have no problems w/vibes. I have had it up to 80 so far everything is nice.

6. moneypit

moneypit 1/2 ton status

I didnt balance mine and have no problems w/vibes. I have had it up to 80 so far everything is nice.