Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

ball joint question / bent front diff???

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by bajaviking, Apr 3, 2007.

1. bajaviking

bajaviking 1/2 ton status

I recently had my balljoints replaced and right after picking up the truck I went wheeling. After coming home I noticed that both wheels are like this \ / and now I am not sure if the balljoints were installed wrong or if my front diff is bent.

Can balljoints be installed wrong causing this \ / or is there only 1 position they can go in?

I suspect the balljoints because the front diff tubes does not look bent and I was wheeling the whole day without feling any binding which I guess would be the case if the tubes were really bent:confused:

2. 1977k5

1977k5 3/4 ton status Vendor

Balljoints could be a problem, but if the wheel bearings were reinstalled incorrectly that could cause it too.

3. divorced

divorced 3/4 ton status

That's how mine looked after I installed new ball joints.

4. sweetk30

sweetk30 professional hooker Premium Member

i bet loose wheel bearings of cheep b/j's and thay are junk now.

chain store brand b/j's are junk now adays. get some moog or spicer b/j's when you do change them.

if thay didnt install the nuts for the wheel bearings correctly thay might have backed off on ya. worst case i had one do this and it took out the spindle and locking hub before i got to it. :doah: