Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Ball joints 1982 questions

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by turbo, Sep 3, 2000.

1. turbo

turbo 1/2 ton status

I have the new moog ball joints what other parts do I need to replace?
    Do I really have to remove the steering arm to the left side to replace the ball joints?

Any other tips or advice?

I want to make as few parts trips to town as possible.

Thanks

2. keith

keith 1/2 ton status

I done the driver side the other night and it was easy BUT my knuckles were off the blazer so I can complete my cross over steering. All you need is the joints and the BALL JOINT PRESS and SNAP RING PLIERS for the external snap ring on the bottom joint. IF you have a compressor you can use the impact on the press and it will be easy. WD 40 or Liquid Wrench will help if you spray them down. Good luck
    If I missed something someone will let you know.

3. Emmettology 101

Emmettology 101 3/4 ton status

I use a hammer and a large socker that fits on the Ball joint ot "press" them in. I have done it this way a few time and without problems.

While you're doing the Ball joints, check you Wheel u-joints, you may want ot replace those while you're in their.
    Also, check your wheel bearings and rotors since you will have all of these off and if they need replacing, now is the best time to do it.

HTH

Mike [​IMG]
    See <font color=green>EMMETT</font color=green> -&gt; http://emmett.coloradok5.com