Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

ball joints on 95 blazer 4x4

Discussion in '1983-2005 S-Series models' started by colbystephens, Jan 8, 2006.

1. colbystephens

colbystephens 1 ton status GMOTM Winner

so i replaced the 4 ball joints on the truck not too long ago, but since then, when i turn the steering wheel to full lock while in reverse, i feel the ball joints popping. there's no quick fix for that aside from replacing them again, is there? a side note which may help diagnosis: i didn't have my grease gun around when i finished installing the uppers, and drove less than a mile down the hill to the local oil can henry's and asked that they lube those for me. the guy then sprayed grease all over the top of the fitting and didn't get any into it. i drove it for a week like this before i figured it out. aside from this problem what could I have done wrong? how likely is it that this ruined the new joints? also, it only pops when in reverse at full lock, never in forward direction gears. in 4wd, it still only pops in reverse, but much more substantially - you touch the wheel and it starts popping. thanks for the help.

2. sweetk30

sweetk30 professional hooker Premium Member

when it comes to the newer ifs stuff. dont scimp on the parts. get the best. moog or spicer and others. dont wast your time with auto zone crap these days. other than that sorry no more help from me at this time.

3. colbystephens

yeah - it was moog. i don't know - maybe i should just replace them again. it's not too hard, and i get a 40% discount at my parts store, so it's not too costly either. thanks for the reply tho.

4. 1979jimmy350

1979jimmy350 1/2 ton status

try the autozone ball joints with the life time warrenty when i bought mine they were dana ball joints and when they went bad i just took them back and got new ones for free

5. colbystephens

good tip!

6. sweetk30

sweetk30 professional hooker Premium Member

auto zone use to be good. not any more. all junky crap.

7. Confedneck79K30

Confedneck79K30 3/4 ton status

did ya check the wheel bearings?