Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Ball joints ???'s

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by NoSmog73, Oct 14, 2002.

1. NoSmog73

NoSmog73 1/2 ton status

Ball joints ???\'s

Ok I know that I can take a BFH and pound out the ball joints in the d44 front /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif..But my ???'s Are,after they are out and the knuckles are off can I just press them back in /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif and then just "line" up the bolts back in the axle holes.. /forums/images/graemlins/pimp1.gifOr do I have to press them into that hole too... /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif

Also what dose it take to get the "DREADED" u-joint out /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif that is on the front axle shaft..I think That it is time to change them since it will be apart..They are more than likely the Org. one's..I remember the horror stories on getting them out and was just trying to plan for this weekend...Thanks mike...

2. Zeus33rd

Zeus33rd Smarter than you GMOTM Winner

Re: Ball joints ???\'s

After ya get the ball joints pressed into the knuckles, They just slid up into the ears on the axles tube. I just did mine and if I remember corectly, Ya torque the nut on the lower ball joint, then adjust the sleeve on the uppper joint till it takes, I think, 25 lbs of force to move the knuckle. Then ya torque the upper nut to spec, and your done.

3. POWERMAD

POWERMAD 1/2 ton status

4. MJF

MJF 1/2 ton status

Re: Ball joints ???\'s

Here is something else. If I can paste it.

Never mind, I'll just email it to you.