Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

balls... rear window still not working, need advice

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by rwright07, Mar 6, 2007.

1. rwright07

rwright07 1/2 ton status

so i have now replaced the rear window regulator and motor in my 85 k5. i installed the new regulator first and the window worked... then the motor died. i replaced it and now the window wont go back up.... BALLS!:angry1: :angry1:

im all :ears: . what should i try next... im allready like 200 into this damn window.

2. sarasotausmc

sarasotausmc 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

If the motor's working, check the tracks and that the window follows them, and grease up the arms. Mine did the same thing, and with a bad window seal in the t'gate, the felt rotted out of the tracks and the pivots on the arms were all goobered up.

3. rwright07

rwright07 1/2 ton status

ok im trying to figure out how to remove the glass so i can get to the regulator and tracks.... how do you reach the bolts on the bottom of the glass if you cannot get the window up enough to get at them directly?

thanks again,
    rick

4. SHAWNSTER

SHAWNSTER 1/2 ton status

I used to use my drill-unhook the cable at the motor and hook that end up to your drill, and spin untill the window is all the way down-open tail gate and lay down-spin drill until window is all the way out and you should be able to get to the bolts of the brace that hold the window in, I think there are 2 bolts on each side