Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

bananna boat car???

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by hi pinion, Sep 22, 2004.

1. hi pinion

hi pinion 3/4 ton status

ive been on my muscle car search lately,but i somehow forgot this car......i remember my buddy having a 66 in high school, but i cant remember.....is this car too long in the rear???? wife says it looks like a bananna boat car /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif but i think these are sweet.Does anyone here own one of these?? i dont like alot of ass end in a car, just checking. Btw nobody has this car and it would be something new/forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

2. beater_k20

beater_k20 Banned

66-67 Olds Cutlass, and it looks just fine to me. in 68 GM changed to the newer body style with the shorter decklid.

3. Resurrection_Joe

Resurrection_Joe 1 ton status

I like the looks of a longer in the rear car if it isn't too long, a bit more practical too

Those late 80's 4 door boxy Impalas they used as police cars would make an interesting sleeper if you didn;t use too gaufy of paint

4. surpip

surpip 1 ton status

i like that car, not real big on the front end but its a tough lookin car
    /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif

5. Skigirl

Skigirl 1/2 ton status

Check out the 66 Olds Tornado for a short back end, same car otherwise for the most part. I had one in college, it rocked.
    [​IMG]

6. hi pinion

hi pinion 3/4 ton status

theres a real fine line in between a bootsy grandma car and a hot rod ,i like the66- 67 body style better /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif the toranado is too pre-disco space age jetson style if ya know what i mean. /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif Im sure it haulls though /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif What happened to the days of a thousand dollars? We used to pick up these cars for 1000 bucks and roll. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

7. Corey 78K5

Corey 78K5 1 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    What happened to the days of a thousand dollars? We used to pick up these cars for 1000 bucks and roll.

[/ QUOTE ]
    Thats cause those cars were rusty primerd bondo buckets with exhaust fumes choking the occupants of the vehicle.
    /forums/images/graemlins/deal.gif /forums/images/graemlins/whistling.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif

8. hi pinion

hi pinion 3/4 ton status

No tow truck boy. they werent /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif BURN /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif my buddy got his for 2000 bucks,so there. And it was in good /exellent shape /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

9. Corey 78K5

Corey 78K5 1 ton status

Go back and read Your post there smart guy /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif You said a thousand dollars not two thousand /forums/images/graemlins/deal.gif /forums/images/graemlins/whistling.gif

10. hi pinion

hi pinion 3/4 ton status

bootsy /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

11. Jonny-K5

Jonny-K5 1/2 ton status

i personally like the 66-67 buick skylark/GS over the olds for a non chevy midsize. i owned a 67 skylark and that thing was awesome. Nailhead power!