Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

bang bang bang

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by jimmylake, Oct 27, 2002.

1. jimmylake

jimmylake Registered Member

just picked up an 85 s10 blazer. It has the 262 engine. thought it had a rod knocking. now i am sure it is coming from the flywheel (flexplate) maybe a broken bolt, broken flex, etc. not sure. there doesn't appear to be an inspection plate to look at the flywheel. i suppose than means it has to come apart. anybody else ever have this problem.

2. DieselDan

DieselDan 1/2 ton status

My '89 Jimmy w/ a lock-up style converter 700R4 was knocking something fierce.
    That was my initial thought the flexplate must be cracked. But after pulling the inspection cover I couldn't see anything wrong.
    The knocking would come and go (after a couple of weeks it was routine). It would knock in D, R, OD, N, 1, couldn't hear it at speed. It seemed as the lock-up would "recenter" the bearing and the knocking would cease for a little while.
    Diesel converter cost double the gas version, ouch. /forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif