Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

BANG goes the 10 bolts!

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by jwill, May 30, 2005.

1. jwill

jwill Registered Member

Well the front and rear 10 bolts gave way..The front first and then the rear trying to get off the trail. Heavy rain lately gave me no choice but to hit the trails and fields last weekend in my 88 k5. Where I got stuck and destroyed both of my 3:08 geared diffs. Also now my tired old 350 has no power what-so-ever. Looks like my hunt for set of heavier axles...Any suggestions?

Jwill....Central Iowa

2. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

Depending on what size tire you are running, you might be able too get away with some 3/4 ton axles from a K20.

3. jwill

jwill Registered Member

Found on Wednesday at a local salvage a 14bolt from a mid 80's c20 truck has a set of 11 leaf packs on it with overloads. Axles are 8 bolt, the price was $150 and the truck is upside down so pulling it will be painless. Also spotted a front 60 in a pile of front ends he doesnt know what year but its Chevy he said and wants $1500 OUCH! Id like to run 35inch right now its 33inch BFG AT's. Any certain years of fronts or rears to look for?

Jwill

4. 78 k5

78 k5 1/2 ton status

Check out Billavistas 60 bible on Pirate...all you ever need to know on years of D60s