Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Banjo fitting... need answer Quick!!!

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by 78Suburban, Feb 17, 2006.

1. 78Suburban

78Suburban 1/2 ton status

I'm about to take a shower and drive 40 miles into town.. My ebrock's fuel inlet is definitely gonna hit the stock air cleaner. I know somebody on here suggested a banjo fitting.. FOR THOSE OF YOU WHO HAVE SUCESSFULLY USED A BANJO FITTING WITH AN EDELBROCK CARB, WAS THAT CARB MANUAL CHOKE????????? It kinda looks like its gonna hit the bracket that holds the choke cable. If it will work, I'll pick up a banjo fitting at the parts store today.. if not, I guess I need to make a spacer for my air cleaner housing.

If anybody has a part # for the banjo fitting that will work with my e brock performer, I would be forever greatful... hopefully this will get a few hits in the 20 mintues it takes me to shower, then I'm gone :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow:
    Thanks,
    James

2. pvfjr

pvfjr 1/2 ton status

Well I'm guessing it's too late. Anyway, hopefully you found a knowledgeable parts guy, but probably not. I don't see why the banjo fitting wouldn't work for the manual choke, that's just not how edelbrock designs things. For the most part, their carb parts are "one fits all".

3. sweetk30

sweetk30 professional hooker Premium Member

there unit is fully adjusteble in the clocking of its feed line.

4. gravdigr

gravdigr 1/2 ton status

Assuming you are using an open element air cleaner rather than stock just get a 1" spacer between the air cleaner and carb. Any chain auto parts store should carry them.

5. supersize75k5

supersize75k5 OrganDonorRacing.com

dito on the spacer...much easier and less hassel

6. perp

perp 1/2 ton status

I have a banjo and manual choke - no problems here - banjo rotates to any orientation needed

7. 78Suburban

78Suburban 1/2 ton status

Bought a spacer...

As many of you probably know, the stock air cleaner housing has some kinda indention that would prohibit it from sealing very well against the spacer, so I'm gonna have to use some slicone, RVT, or JB weld to seat this bad boy against my carb.

[​IMG]

I guess this will work ok..
    thanks,
    James