Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Banjo or what? (front brakes)

Discussion in '1969-1972 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by proyouring71nova, Jan 12, 2004.

1. proyouring71nova

proyouring71nova Registered Member

Ok, I hope that I can describe this. On my 1970 c20 4x4 I'm doing a disk brake conversion. I got a set of ss braided flex lines for the front and rear (two for the front one in the rear) and all them bolt right up except for the drivers side. When it meets at the frame it needs a bolt (banjo?) to go threw the line from the inside of the frame to the outside where the flex hose would conect. Does anyone know the name of the bolt that goes thru both the brake line and the frame which connects to the flex hose?

2. 69K5

69K5 1/2 ton status

i dont know what its called but your local advanced or autozone has them in the HELP section.

69k5

3. jasonkh2tg

jasonkh2tg 1/2 ton status

Ok I have to ask, are you sure it's a banjo bolt at the frame...if that's the case consult the manafacture....there shold be a flared brake line at the inside of the frame with the flexable line coming through and a brake line clip to support it...if there is no place for a clip there should be at least threads for a flat nut to hold the brake line...

4. 69K5

69K5 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    to go threw the line from the inside of the frame to the outside where the flex hose would conect. Does anyone know the name of the bolt that goes thru both the brake line and the frame which connects to the flex hose?

[/ QUOTE ]

sorry i misunderstood earlier. i have some on a 72 K20 frame. its the connection that passes through the frame. whats your addy and ill send em if its there. im almost 100% positive it is.

69k5

5. proyouring71nova

proyouring71nova Registered Member

I PM'ed u, thanks max