Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Banks install photo

Discussion in '1982-Present GM Diesel' started by DukeBoy88, Jun 29, 2006.

1. DukeBoy88

DukeBoy88 1/2 ton status

I hope this is the right way to post a photo.

http://coloradok5.com/photos/showphoto.php?photo=13631

This is my after photo of my Banks Sidewinder install. I modified some of the banks pieces and rerouted some of the lines from the instructions, heater, CDR, etc. I gasket matched the heads and intake, and then polished the intake and thermostat housing with a wire brush and scotchbrite. coated it with eastwood clear. coated the exaust manifolds with eastwood hi-temp ss paint. painted a couple pieces camo. fabricated a mount for the racor and battery hold downs, and other brackets out of scrap stainless. eliminated the mechanical fuel pump and ran lines down the drivers side. converted to 12v, made new cables out of 0/2 installed a gear reduction starter and Kennedy diesel glow plugs and return lines. made an overflow tank out of a german 1gal fuel can (looks like a smaller jerry can) replaced all motor mounts with poly. installed a TCI aluminum deep pan on the tranny and installed a temp gauge in the out line (adding a B&M cooler next). added other mechanical gauges and repaired my frame at the steering box with ORD's kit.
    And some other nickel and dime stuff along the way. truck runs good, I'm very happy, I'll still be tweaking it for a while I'm sure. Next will be the diesel conversion on the K5.

2. k5blazin

k5blazin 1/2 ton status

Congrats! looks good! Your semi close to me... think we can meet up and you take for a spin in that beast?? Id like to know what a turbo 6.2 can do before i do mine.

3. tRustyK5

tRustyK5 Big meanie Staff Member Super Moderator GMOTM Winner Author

[​IMG]

Very nice work!!

Rene

4. DukeBoy88

DukeBoy88 1/2 ton status

Yeah that shouldn't be a problem, although I don't know if it earns the name beast quite yet, definatly respectable, and a great improvement over NA. I would like to know the limits of dependable power available from a 6.2 without lowering the compression. I think an intercooler would be my next step.