Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Banks Power

Discussion in '1982-Present GM Diesel' started by klebmorris, Sep 30, 2002.

1. klebmorris

klebmorris Registered Member

Has anyone installed the Banks Power Stinger Plus on their 6.2 L GM? If so, were you please with the results and how long have you been running it? I am also interested in knowing if their are other (cheaper) ways of getting gains in hp and torque numbers while improving fuel economy.
    Thanks,
    Caleb

2. imiceman44

imiceman44 1 ton status

I personnaly haven't but the guys at petersen's have and they reported great improvement in highway speeds, fuel economy and drivablity.
    Longevity is the only downside anyone has talked about, the 6.2 was not intended for turbo so it will get tired much faster being higher compression ratio.
    But then again, I would rather have the engine running great for 5 years than running poorly for 7. My only problem is I couldn't bring myself to spend hat kind of money. /forums/images/icons/smile.gif
    IceMan

3. AzzKicker

AzzKicker 1/2 ton status

I plan on keeping my 6.2 stock till it dies. To me its great the way it is. with 4.10 gears i can actually accelerate pretty fast and can reach speeds past 65 havent seen how much farther, but I have gone to 65 easy and more above.

When it does die, I plan to put a early model 6.5 TD.

4. arveetek

arveetek 1/2 ton status

I don't have any personal experience with the Stinger system (which is just the exhaust, no turbo....the turbo system is called the Sidewinder), but I believe you could do better off building your own custom exhaust, for less money.

My advice: join www.thedieselpage.com and order at least the first two backissues of articles. In there are some excellent instructions on modifying the intake and exhaust systems on the 6.2L for more power and economy.

Casey

5. FastFob

FastFob Registered Member

<font color="blue"> I need to get my Sub first.
    But I do plan on turbo'ing the 6.2.
    I can't find prices online for the Kit.
    $2,000.00 is what I read somewheres on the board.
    </font color>