Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Banks Sidewinder ??

Discussion in '1982-Present GM Diesel' started by jp0863, Jan 16, 2007.

1. jp0863

jp0863 1/2 ton status Premium Member

Just bought a banks turbo, complete setup. does anyone know where the instructions can be found for this kit? besides banks? gonna give them a call anyway, but was thinking maybe someone has a link to the install that i can check out.

2. BKinzey

BKinzey 1/2 ton status

Check the web site. They might have it listed.

3. jp0863

found it there, thanks. didnt think banks would offer something like that for free.

4. BKinzey

BKinzey 1/2 ton status

I think it's a great selling point. You can see how hard the job is, or isn't, and decide if you want a shop to do it.

It doesn't cost the manufacturer anything and I don't see any real downside.

5. jp0863

thanks. any idea what size the exhaust needs to be from the turbo back? 3 and 1/2 or 4"? also can i straight pipe it or do i need a muffler and which brand or style? i run a 4" with an acme muffler on my superduty, but i cant see the 6.2 needing 4" with a stright through muffler.

6. BKinzey

BKinzey 1/2 ton status

Your crossover is 3". 3 1/2" is a good size and 4" is a little better. Any more is a waste. It's pretty much a straight shot back. Muffler is more of a personal thing, some want power, some sound, some cheap. You should do your own research on that.;)

7. imiceman44

imiceman44 1 ton status

You can have a straight pipe with no muffler, the turbo does the muffling for you, you can still use a muffler for quieter driving.
    I do.
    But on my wheeler I will ditch the muffler, one less big thing I could smash :doah:

8. jp0863

may be a moot point, turbo came today, apparently ups drpped it and smashed the inlet.... waiting to see what happens, it was insured.

9. BKinzey

BKinzey 1/2 ton status

Take Pics!

You'll have to show what you paid for it to get the insurance. The seller may have to file:confused:

10. imiceman44

imiceman44 1 ton status

Good luck with UPS claims.
    I shipped a tranny to a city 4 hours away from me, I had strapped to a pallet and warpped in a black plastif bag. The guy recieved it broken, just in the bag.
    The claims department denied our claim saying insufficent packaging.
    Never mind the fact it got there without the pallet, who would ship a tranny with just a bag on it. :mad:

11. ccatlett1984

ccatlett1984 1/2 ton status

The seller will have to file, but you need to initiate the claim. take pics of everything including the packaging that shows the damage. How much did you insure it for? standard insurance is only for $100.

12. imiceman44

imiceman44 1 ton status

I file the claim(seller) the buyer supplied the damage info, it was valued at $100 which is covered, they didn't pay a dime.
    I use FedEx now, cheaper and handle things better.
    :D

13. ccatlett1984

ccatlett1984 1/2 ton status

sorry to here about the trans. I don't know how they handle the insurance on large items like that, but if its boxed they pretty much have to cover the damages. When i get something damaged, I refuse delivery and have the driver mark down that it was damaged. then call and start a claim

14. jp0863

been gone a few days. according to ups the seller has to file the claim since i never took possesion of it. seller states ups already accepted responsibility for it, it was insured for $1400. waiting to hear what they are going to do. ups driver stopped by to see if i had heard anythiing. he says if ups denies it or tries any bs, i should take them to small claims, he says ups always loses as they had the right to refuse it when they picked it up. as soon as they picked it up, they took responsibility for the package regardless of how it was packaged... in short, if they try to blame anyone for the poor packaging, the judge will say "if it was packaged poorly, why did you pick it up". the driver was pretty cool and it appears as though ups will honor the claim... especially since ups store packaged it! seller says he is waiting for ups to say if they are going to replce the whole turbo kit or just the turbo.... we'll see what happens i guess... i'm pretty good in court if it needs to go that far.

15. imiceman44

imiceman44 1 ton status

Thanks for the tip.
    I thought exactly the same thing, if it wasn't packaged properly they wouldn't have taken it, I asked them what I need to do, and I did it.
    I will go after them.
    :D