Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Banning the use of Texas Rivers

Discussion in 'Land Use' started by Nonesuch, Dec 20, 2002.

1. Nonesuch

Nonesuch 1/2 ton status

http://www.kxan.com/Global/story.asp?S=1056251&nav=0s3dCzY7
    /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif
    I got this story of the KXAN (local tv station) website. We need to find more information on this and do something about it. /forums/images/graemlins/1zhelp.gifMore to come once I get off work.
    /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif /forums/images/graemlins/burb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/truck.gif /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif
    /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gifJustin

2. greywolf

greywolf 1/2 ton status

i say we bring on the noise!

3. cegusman

cegusman 3/4 ton status

4. Nonesuch

Nonesuch 1/2 ton status

Good story. Thanks for that. We need to write our state senators so we can express our concerns with the closing of these rivers to OHV access.
    Justin

5. TheLakeRat

TheLakeRat 1/2 ton status

I heard today that the billed passed legistlation.
    think about it guys. NO MORE SLAB RUNS!!!!!
    that will definately suck.

6. Nonesuch

Nonesuch 1/2 ton status

This is bad news. /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif I hope what you heard was bad info Matt!
    Justin

7. TheLakeRat

I hope so to but i'm ceratin that's what the radio here said.
    Of course the radio people in this town don't know their A$$holes from their Belly buttons

8. 74beater

74beater 1/2 ton status

this must be stop..if it passes they will go after our trucks..think about this no 38's on the street..no more loud exhaust...look what happened in californa..there will be no more parts truck...we must speak...we must be heard...a flood does more damage than we could ever do...i'm all for conservastion, but not at the expence of the lack of use...these people are same that say hunting is bad...fishing is bad....we must stop this no matter the cost...we must do this for smart people 4wheelers everywhere...

ALL HAIL THE ALMIGHTY SAWZALL
    I'M P*SSED OFF
    F-UM /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif

9. greywolf

greywolf 1/2 ton status

its ok to pump chemicals into them BUT dont wheel in or around them! maybe we could do a river(s) cleaning or something and help slow this down or stop it?? /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif

10. TheLakeRat

Anyone know where to send a petition or who to call? I can guarentee at leasr 500 nams just from people that come into my shop regularly

11. JAXSTER

JAXSTER 1/2 ton status

Also inculdes Marine Creek!! /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif /forums/images/graemlins/burb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/truck.gif /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif

12. Nonesuch

Nonesuch 1/2 ton status

I just back back home from vacation. I will look up some email and PO addresses of our state senators. That is supposedly the best method to be heard.
    Justin

13. Nonesuch

Nonesuch 1/2 ton status

http://www.capitol.state.tx.us/tlo/78R/billtext/HB00206I.HTM
    http://www.capitol.state.tx.us/tlo/78R/billtext/HB00305I.HTM
    http://www.capitol.state.tx.us/tlo/78R/billtext/SB00155I.HTM

I did some searching and it looks like this has already been passed and it takes affect on Sept. 1, 2003. The links go to similar acts that were passed.

We need to move this to land use and see if we can't get some help from the guys with more experience in dealing with these issues (Jeff help me out here mister moderator)!

This is another act that was passed about sound levels. It may be of interest to some of you with loud stereos, exhaust, etc. http://www.capitol.state.tx.us/tlo/78R/billtext/HB00223I.HTM

14. greywolf

greywolf 1/2 ton status

there goes the hood

15. k5ntexas

k5ntexas 1/2 ton status

/forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif
    that really pisses me off. we really need to call who we can to get this damn thing vetoed. i don't wanna lose any wheeling spots. that sux too much. later.

jacob

16. greywolf

greywolf 1/2 ton status

some of the aggies that come to my work said go to aggie.com
    and ask them to help.i dont know if this would be good or bad /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gifthis is gonna feel like being kicked in the ding ding /forums/images/graemlins/blush.gif

17. Nonesuch

Nonesuch 1/2 ton status

I need to get on the ball with this issue. I will try to get some more info soon. Its been so busy with holidays. I should have some addy's tomorrow evening.
    Justin

18. skelly1

skelly1 1/2 ton status

We can't do anything in California anymore. I was thinking about moving to Texas to get away from this California tree-hugging democrat bullsh%t. Now, I will reconsider. Do they still let all ya'alls carry guns, pack guns, transport guns etc? The queer democrats took that freedom away from us in the great country of California long ago.

19. Nonesuch

Nonesuch 1/2 ton status

We can carry concealed hanguns with a permit. We can carry legal rifles and shotguns all day long. IIRC, you can transport handguns in you vehicle without a pemit if traveling over more than three counties and you tell anyone who asks that you have one in the vehicle. I find it a courtesy to always inform any officer if you have any type of weapon in the vehicle during a traffic stop.
    Justin

20. Hatch

Hatch Newbie

</font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
    I did some searching and it looks like this has already been passed and it takes affect on Sept. 1, 2003.

[/ QUOTE ]Absolutely not! They have to go through committee first. Committe meetings haven't even been scheduled yet.

Email and send a post card with a short statement to:
    Your State Senator
    Your State Rep
    The Lt. Governor
    The Governor
    The Speaker of the House

Keep it short and to the point. Like, "I do not support Senate Bill 155, House Bill 305, nor House Bill 206. Enforce existing laws instead of creating new laws.