Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Barn door questions?

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by norville, Feb 13, 2006.

1. norville

norville 1/2 ton status

A stones throw from Pargon Mountaintop Pa
    Hey folks, I got my pile and I'm in distress. :haha:A lot more work than I thought.

So I have a 77 burb will barn doors for a 91 fit and is $300 for the pair a good price??? Used but very good shape.

And how do I get them open if they won't open from the outside?

Thoughts?

bob

2. norville

norville 1/2 ton status

Looks like I answered one of my questions the barn doors should fit.

Is 3 bills a goos price.

bob

3. Muddytazz

Muddytazz 1 ton status

If your wanting to put 77 barn doors on a 91, the ONLY way you can do it is if the 91 came with barn doors also. Otherwise, if the 91 has a tailgate, the barn door hinge locations are not even in the body.

4. 4xcrazy

4xcrazy 3/4 ton status

I am kinda thinking $300 is a bit high for used doors, i dunno though, just seems a bit steep, maybe $200, but that's my opinion.:D

5. Muddytazz

Muddytazz 1 ton status

About the going rate for barn doors is about $200 for the pair in excellent condition.

6. Jimbo*

Jimbo* 1/2 ton status

In answer to your question about doors interchanging, yes, the barn doors are the same from 73 to 91. The going price for doors is about $100 each, but thats down here in the southwest, where we don't have rust to deal with. I don't know for sure, but if those doors are clean and rust free, they are probably worth at least $300, 'cause freight from this area would kill you.
    Just my $.02
    Jimbo

7. norville

norville 1/2 ton status

thanks all. I have a 77

I'm having difficulty getting the doors open. I removed the acess door but cannot actuate the doors. I can see the "claw" on the top and it isn't moving when I pull down in the bars. I need to spend some more time on them and get them open to evaluate them . The look bad coming apart at the seams and rotten near the hinges.

I thought $300 seemed high but that's all I could find at the local yards. Most laughed when I asked and they said good luck. The pick and pulls are picked clean.

thanks all

bob

8. u2slow

u2slow 1/2 ton status

Wrecker price up here for a pair of decent doors is $500CDN.

GM "dual patterned' the body tubs for doors or gate up to '80-83 or so... after that the tubs are unique.

That said, I've heard of some second-hand info where people have put the can-opener to the door jamb area and found the hinge mounts are structurally 'roughed-in' anyways, but the captured nuts are not. :confused:

Exploratory surgery anyone? :crazy: