Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Barn door straps

Discussion in '1936-Present Suburban' started by afroman006, Sep 23, 2002.

1. afroman006

afroman006 1/2 ton status

On my 89 Burban the nylon straps that keep the barndoors from swingin all the way open are about to bite the dust. Where can I get replacements? I need to do something soon cause the last thing I want is for one to break and have the door swing all the way out and smash my taillight... thx

2. Muddytazz

Muddytazz 1 ton status

I have an extra set in my storage shed...used, but still in good shape. $20 shipped

3. Goober

Goober 1/2 ton status

I'm sure you could buy some from LMC Truck but I don't know how much they would charge. I just got the Suburban catalog in the mail last weekend and checked out the seals for the barn doors but I don't remember if they listed the straps. I'm sure they could help you out over the phone : (800) 222-5664.

Mine were just looking worn out so I went to Jo-Ann fabric store and purchased a small roll of the nylon webbing material and an extra heavy needle for my sewing machine.

I made both straps in about 15 minutes and it cost me about $17 including the cost of the new needle.

I used the rest of the webbing to make climbing harnesses for my 2 year old and me. They turned out great and now he can go rock climbing with Dad!

If you can't find new ones I'm sure you could make some by hand if you need to.

Good Luck!

4. Muddytazz

Muddytazz 1 ton status

I'n the LMC catalog, they are 49.95+shipping, but that includes strap, pin, pin bracket and the bracket on the door. Shows you can't buy the strap by itself. Hope this helps.