Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Base radio anteena

Discussion in 'Communication (CB | GPS | HAM)' started by Z3PR, May 3, 2002.

1. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

Anyone got a base radio ??? I live in a trailor park and the manager is not very friendly tords radio operators. He just passed a rule prohibiting base radio anteenas. Doesn't matter if it's Ham or CB, we have to take down our anteenas. I'm thinking of getting a flag pole anteena. A company called ( Force 12 ) make them. Anyone know anything about it ????

2. The_Sandman_454

The_Sandman_454 1/2 ton status

Did you sign a contract? If you did and you paid a bit ahead as long as you're covered by the old contract they can't change the terms. On the other hand some places are wacky and screw with people, and find ways to do so legally even if you had a freqency... /forums/images/icons/crazy.gif

I know somebody who disguised an Imax 2k as a flagpole. The guy was makin' DX contacts left and right... Seemed to have a direct line to australia and the west coast, as well as various other places... /forums/images/icons/crazy.gif And that was just mounted to a deck 6' off the ground... I don't have any specific details as to how he did that though...

A flagpole antenna seems to be just the thing to get around that stupid rule...

3. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

They have it in the contract stating you can't have a anteena without permission. When I moved my home in here last summer I got permission. I gess the manager had someone complaining about bleed over in another part of the trailor court. He said that person wouldn't comply with only transmitting betwen certin hours when his naibor was at work, so he is making everyone take down thier anteenas or move. It cost close to $5,000.00 to have my home moved the 20 miles into this park and have everything hooked up. I can't aford to be doing that again anything soon !!!! It's f*#ked up, I spoke with the guy who was cousing the bleed over. He told me that the guy next door has a older console TV, and it doesn't have the filters the newer TV's have. He told me he offered to buy all the filters, the guy said no, then he offered to buy the guy a new TV, and the guy still wouldn't go for it. After all that, I think the manager should have told the complain dude to deal with it himself. 34 people have had to remove anteenas becouse of one person. We have over 800 homes in this trailor trash hell !!!! But the guy complaining is a friend of the manager, nobody said life would be fair !!!!!

4. The_Sandman_454

The_Sandman_454 1/2 ton status

That's a major bunch of crap. Especially if the guy offered to buy him a TV that *did* have filtering, help filter other things, etc, etc... Some people are too stupid for their own good...

Instead of picking the solution that'd work well for all parties involved they have to be a--holes and screw everything up for everybody.

5. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

I agree, instead of solving the problem the easy way, the manager has to be a dick about it. You'd think the fool would have taken a free TV. He has a old 25" console, and the guy with the base offered to buy him a 27" Sony. I would have jumped on that deal !!! I think it's wrong that over 30 people in here with radios ( that haven't coused interference ) have to take down our anteenas. A guy acouple blocks away from me put up a anteena that looks like a satalite dish. I want to get the one that is also a flag pole "http://force12inc.com/"

6. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

Well, I ordered a President "Parabolic" base antenna. It looks just like those satilite TV dish's you see on alot of houses. I plan on mounting it about 10 foot higher then my roof on a heavy piece of water pipe for a mast. I'll tell anyone that ask, it's to clear the hill. Hopefully it'll work for with my Galaxy Saturn base radio. A guy about 2 blocks from me has one. I don't know what radio he is useing with it. I do know he talks on sideband alot.

7. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned