Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Base station antenna

Discussion in 'Communication (CB | GPS | HAM)' started by Z3PR, Jan 3, 2003.

1. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

I finally broke down and ordered a " IMAX 2000 " 5/8 wave base antenna. Got the old Galaxy Saturn in the living room, been useing a little dish antenna, but I gotta have a 5/8 wave antenna to get the most out of it. Should have it in a couple of weeks or so. IMAX 2000 Exposed
    Base Antenna
    IMAX 2000

New CB and Amateur base antenna. It has an end fed 5/8 wave length radiator with extended I-max (current Maximum) center section, radials are not required. A new mounting system makes it user friendly. The antenna and hardware can be assmebled on the ground and easily slipped over the mast or tower top when up in the air. No more having to hold the antenna and deal with two loose mast clamps at the same time. Wide bandwidth and high power handling capabilities. Broad band, typically 3 MHz wide uner 2:1 VSWR, best 5/8 wave design available, SWR: 2.1, Frequency range: 26-29 MHz and can be moved up or down by tuning rings. Tested at 5000 watts and is rated for all legal power. It is 24 feet long when assembled.

2. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

Anyone running a base station ???? Any thing to say, good or bad, about the IMAX 2000 ??????

3. Sandman

Sandman 3/4 ton status Author

Sounds like a real nice setup. Hope you dont piss off your neighbors when you key up. Mine old neighbors would screw up the phone and the VCR.

4. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

I don't think they'll even notice. I'm not usely transmitting untill fairly late at night.

5. Sandman

thats cool. I know it got real ugly with this guy. Cops involved and everything. It was a bad deal untill he moved out.

6. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

Befor I moved the trailor house into this court I checked with the owner about putting up a antenna. The owner has no problem with it. I've also spoken with all my neigbors, asked them to let me know if it couses any problems, so I can try to work it out befor getting anyone else involved. I usely talk skip on lower 38 on sunday nights. Pretty big group out there. I usely don't get on the air till around 10 or 11 PM mountin time.

7. Sandman

This guy was pumping out so much power you could hear him on the ansering machine! He told people to go to hell when they complained and a few fights broke out over it. He ruined a few movies for me and when he blew me off I went and stuck a nail into his transmission cable. It was nice untill he figured it out. Man, it was frusterating. FCC didnt give a poop either.

8. rebelk5frk

rebelk5frk 1/2 ton status

Well the FCC generally doesn't care about the CB band now days. They don't get involved normally until several complaints are sent in. Also if he was actually using legal power and still bleeding onto other devices like TV's etc, which does happen, then he is not at fault.

BTW if you are going to do the pin the coax trick it's smarter to use a small straight pin and clip the ends off so you can't see it as easy. It gets the point across just the same (although I would never do such a thing /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif )

Or..... you can do what someone did in my home town to a regular trouble maker. This one guy always caused trouble on the radio and finally made one too many enemies. Some one went to his house and hooked a tow strap to his antenna tower and drove off pulling his 100 foot tower, 4 element beam, and 5/8 wave antenna to the ground. For some reason nobody ever heard that guy on the radio again after that. /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif

9. chevyracing

chevyracing 1/2 ton status

Isn't there something like a TBI filter you can install to prevent bleeding over tv's and such?

John

10. Sandman

this guy was pumping out way to much power. the nail ruined the cable all the same. I figured his equipment would be fine as any half decent transmitter will shut down as soon as it senses the reflected power. TDR would tell him right where the nail was. It made a point but didnt get us anywhere. I tried the filters and they sortave worked. I lived tow houses down and accross the street. The guy next door to him had a restraining order against him for threats. /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

11. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

Just called H&Y to check on the status of my order. It shipped out yesterday /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif They say I should have it by Monday or Tuesday /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

12. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

TVI

13. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

Just a pic of what that IMAX 2000 will be hooked up to: [​IMG] My Galaxy Saturn with Silver Eagle D-104 mic and PDC-6000 meters.

14. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

/forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif UPS man just delivered my new antenna /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif I'll get it up soon, Jut alittle too cold today.

15. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

Just called my buddy Lew, the guy that runs a radio shop. ( http://bigfoot8170.tripod.com/ ) He's cominng over tomorrow with all his test equipment and we're putting up the new antenna. He wants to use some new piece of test equipment on it. Ya know how it is, gotta play with the new toys.

16. Sandman

Sweet. Let us know how it goes. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

17. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

Belive that. I'm just a fat lazy SOB with nothing better to do then BS on the radio at night. So I'll give y'all a review on the IMAX 2000.

18. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

Well, Lew is on his way over here. We're getting ready to put up the IMAX 2000. Can't wait, want it up now. /forums/images/graemlins/1zhelp.gif I can be so impatent.

19. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

It's up !!!!!! /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif !!!!!!!! SWR's are at 1.1 to 1. The meter hardly moves at all !!!!! /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif !!!!!!! Skip is rolling pretty hard right now, getting almost 30 pounds of it. Called a friend thats 12 miles down the road to do a radio check. He could here me over the skip, so I'm happy !!!!!!! /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

20. Sandman

Cool! /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif