Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Base stickers in CA

Discussion in 'Pacific Region' started by 454k30, Jan 23, 2005.

1. 454k30

454k30 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

This is for anyone who is stationed in CA or civilians who work on those bases. What are the emission regulations required for getting our stickers? I have heard that a vehicle must pass a sniff check even if not licensed in CA in order to be given their stickers. I need to know soon as I am transferring there in a few months. Thanks guys!

2. Seventy4Blazer

Seventy4Blazer 3/4 ton status

here is the good news, maybe...

since i dont know wha year your ride is i cant say its good or bad....
    75 and older do not require any smog for a sticker. 2000(i think its 5 years or newer, not positive) and newer do not need smog. anything in the middle needs a sniffer AND VISUAL!! UNLESS!! its a diesel. then its smog exempt. its a pain in the butt, and there is not much of a way around it. i no longer have a contact at the JRC(joint reception center, where you will get a base sticker) so i cant hook anyone up.

i lucked out now because i drive a diesel and my blazer doesnt run, but is a 74.

sorry for the news if its bad, hope i helped.

when are you checking in? i will be back to pendleton in about 29 days or so. then on leave for a little over 3 weeks. once i get back i will be doing a lot of work on the blazer.

Grant.

3. 454k30

both?

My rig is an '83. I can't believe we need that kind of inspection just to get our vehicles on base! I hate how we have to go around kissing local government asses just to keep a base open. I will be in lemoore in another month but not with my rig, im just there for school. I check into China Lake this summer and will be there for a couple years. My truck is back in CO so I get to have another great road trip across utah! Guess I'll be forced to stop in Moab, again, darn the luck!

4. rcpilot

rcpilot 1/2 ton status

I'll check China Lake for ya... cuz there are some exempt counties... when I was stationed in El Centro that was an exempt county. :grin:

5. 454k30

OH Yeah! I'll keep my fingers crossed bro!

6. rcpilot

rcpilot 1/2 ton status

Good News... I just called Pass and Decal at China Lake and they DO NOT require a smog check for a base sticker!!! :D

7. 454k30

Thanks for the greatest news I could've gotten today! I'll keep in touch so we can do some wheeling in the sands of california this summer. Anyone else you know on this site who is active duty and a CK5'r?

8. rcpilot

rcpilot 1/2 ton status

There's a few of us Active Duty types in the Lemoore area... and quite a few CK5'rs in the central cali area....check out http://socalbigdawgs.com/ and http://www.norcalbigdawgs.net/index.php There you will find MANY Central, Socal and Norcal folks... you can join the forums of each with having to join the clubs. A great bunch of folks to wheel with!:D

9. MTBLAZER89

MTBLAZER89 3/4 ton status Premium Member GMOTM Winner

I'm stationed in Lemoore as of last week.

10. rcpilot

rcpilot 1/2 ton status

Welcome to the valley.... We're going to Hollister Presidents Day weekend... come along and meet everyone.

I'd like to plan an Meet & Greet, :pimp: there are many of us here in the Central Valley, HD-10 on the base also, Wheels in Visalia, Spoolnaround in Kingsberg, Frizzlefry in Fresno and we have many friends in Bakersfield also, I'll get a date together and post it up.... possible meet in Selma.... somewhat central for everyone